RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Cannot believe we have come this low.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Cannot believe we have come this low.....

That lady who wrote that foolishness and worse yet that the Gleaner saw fit to publish that.

When did we cross this line and totally lose a fundamental understanding of decency and respect, this kind of thing is an absolute abomination to every Jamaican who had to run them eyes over that title, any respect I ever had for this person is totally thrown out of the window.

As a Calabar old boy I am totally shocked that anyone could ever write something like that with a headline like that in our national newspaper. Seems people will do anything to attract some attention.

Now I don't know if there is more to this story than meets the eye but certainly that the way this was done is totally unacceptable.

Cooper went there,but who would really be offended but the ignorant?Who is she targeting?
    Portia and members of KCOB were unable to appeal to the better judgement of the man at the helm,is Cooper resorting to desperate measures?
    My guess it is effective...
    Last edited by Rockman; November 11, 2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

There probably no way of confirming my hunch but I do believe at the last meeting a KC old boy in massaging the egos of fellow members stated that girl schools preferred KC and his wife got up and said she always liked George's more,only to be joined by all the ladies in attendence...
      The wives are likely to say anything so they were banned.

Comment

also everyone is acting as if we do not have all girl schools.....the all boys school culture has naturally accomodated all boys get togethers ... furthermore all of this people gnashing their teeth are not interested in going or if they are is ongle because dem now here seh is all boys.

'low di KC man dem!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

not true though ... check out the female supportes at champs ... KC and C'bar have much more than Georges .... the wives only said that to create friction ... probably to heighten the intensity of foreplay ... perhaps?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yow, well me ignorant no rawse then. That is unacceptable in my book star. Talk about appealing to the lowest common denominator in national press, is one thing if yuh ah cuss face to face and certain things come out. But this is no rash talk, this is deliberately well thought out, written, reviewed and then same process from the editor and still printed.

Crass as they come, none of the people I look up to would ever do something like that.

We have to watch where we going, when people cross certain line and everybody react like is normal simting is when we know the bar has truly fallen to the floor.

Well since I have joined the ranks of the most ignorant, I guess I can add Marcus Garvey to that, Sam Sharpe to that Paul Bogle to that cause that would be absolutely outrageous to them and every other Jamaican who would find such a statement in the public space as unacceptable.

Gleaner need to print a retraction and apology for that headline as far as I am concerned.

Comment

You were not being targeted boss,did you deny women at the dinner table?Yeah she went there but is that strategy the only one that will be effective?

Comment

Those are paid sitters and female relatives of the KC athletes.

Comment

well .... dem dallas tall and dem have more relatives!

Comment

Teacher,remember the females made the decision to attent KCOB's dinner BUT still proclaimed....
                    Lol

Comment

YTou may be on the money...but I have an opposing view -

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Yow, well me ignorant no rawse then. That is unacceptable in my book star. Talk about appealing to the lowest common denominator in national press, is one thing if yuh ah cuss face to face and certain things come out. But this is no rash talk, this is deliberately well thought out, written, reviewed and then same process from the editor and still printed.

Crass as they come, none of the people I look up to would ever do something like that.

We have to watch where we going, when people cross certain line and everybody react like is normal simting is when we know the bar has truly fallen to the floor.

Well since I have joined the ranks of the most ignorant, I guess I can add Marcus Garvey to that, Sam Sharpe to that Paul Bogle to that cause that would be absolutely outrageous to them and every other Jamaican who would find such a statement in the public space as unacceptable.

Gleaner need to print a retraction and apology for that headline as far as I am concerned.
                      Anyone remembers "The Mighty Sparrow"?
                      Was his comments (songs) fun and at times caused serious thought?

Well...?
                      Carolyn begs the reader to 'look a little deeper'
                      Definitely comments on the male/female relationship and also 'calling out the KCOB admin' for what some deem silly (No women?) and reduction of funds that the extra tickets would have brought and that would be to the benefit of the KCOB and KC!!!!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        ...and reduction of funds that the extra tickets would have brought and that would be to the benefit of the KCOB and KC!!!!
                        And that's the part I find strange. Are their dollars that strong that they don't need to double the intake at such a function? Or at least increase it by 50%!?

Surely, $1M must be better than 750 grand. No?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

we know why ....

Comment

Not if the money comes from women attending, clearly.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

1 million is not double 750k, just saying....

Comment

Working...
                              X