Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outameni purchase by NHT

Have we discussed this here already?!?

Well, if we haven't, please allow me to state that the NHT has lost its way. Unless Outameni is sitting on prime real estate and it intends to knock it down and put up some affordable housing. Is that the plan?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

look like you never get your bail out...the NHT's own report stated that the property is not suitable for housing development...it would require significant civil work to get it ready for housing + it cannot support the required number of units to be economically feasible...the plan is to pump $100 million + into upgrading the facility as a tour destination & break even in 3 years...snicker...this is what you foisted upon us before you cut to farrin you claffy

Comment

Mosiah, here is the model that should be benchmarked, immersing the tourist and Jamaicans into a full feel, taste, smell, sights and auditory mix of that experience.
      http://www.polynesia.com/?jadid=5562...FSqCMgodN1EAjA

Comment

good idea for some intrepid PRIVATE investor to undertake

Comment

Bricktop errr.. I agree with everything you said and more. There that wasn't so bad.

Comment

Yes or hire the right people to manage it, there are thousands of cases of well managed government enterprises all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              Yes or hire the right people to manage it, there are thousands of cases of well managed government enterprises all over the world.
              NHT shudden ave nutten fi duh wid dat... it's just anedda flop from Portia & The Termites
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Absolutely correct.

Govt must focus on the things only it can do effectively, which is precious little at the moment.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Passing IMF tests. Actually it suggests that where goals are set for which ACCOUNTABILITY is demanded and enforced, they can get stuff done! That is not independence, it is requiring a schoolmaster standing over them with a switch

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I guess we still need Massa to keep us in line.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Bwoy, unnuh got it wrong in my book, but I guess we all have been so scarred by bad and corrupt government we totally miss out that they can create, develop and increase the share of the pie for the people as well if well managed.

Comment

With so much money awash, how many houses have the built in the last two years? 44 Billion to IMF and now buying loss making tourist attraction, and god know what else.

Why do we need food for the poor to build houses?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If even Outameni was a mek money, NHT have no business getting involved in such a venture. NONE!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I posted the article on November 4th, but it was never discussed.

It is a crying shame!!
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

yeah man you have fi put JLP or Brown man inna the title next time.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X