The JLP's US political dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JLP's US political dilemma

There is zero ideological difference currently between the JLP and PNP. This presents a significant problem for the JLP in dealing with the United States where the JLP is formally aligned with the Republican party. Recall that many political decisions are made via private "back channel" contacts

When Republicans are in power the JLP doesn't have the formidable "communist" weapon against the PNP to promote its interests to Republicans (or Democrats) in Congress or even to big business groups.
    Since the Republicans are dominated by White males often hostile or indifferent to Black people...that party's leaders and base unfortunately have zero "cultural affinity" for the JLP. This amounts to no leverage for the JLP in the Republican party.... either in or out of government.
    And no Lorna, it's not a PLOT...just POLITRICKS

With Democrats in power the JLP is also stymied. Even though that party is also dominated by White males (Obama notwithstanding) the PNP has cards to play. The PNP has no formal alliance with the Democrat party but their so called liberals and definitely the Black Caucus provide a base of support the PNP can draw on.

Two examples illustrate this JLP challenge & PNP opportunity:

1. In 2009 when the Dudus Affair blew up and having no Democrat party connections to assist them, the JLP turned to a top Republican for covert help (through Brady).. That guy had no influence over the Obama administration and recommended Manatt, Phelps to lobby for them. Manatt was headed by an ex-chair of the Democrat party... The results of that absolute disaster don't require restatement

2. By contrast when the IMF was recalcitrant in 2013 the PNP was able to turn to natural allies in the Democrat party for timely & effective intervention

It's way past its sell by date so the JLP should drop this foolish Republican love affair and start building ties with any US politicians who can assist....ESPECIALLY the Congressional Black Caucus.

Here endeth the lesson
    Last edited by Don1; November 5, 2014, 01:41 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

why you worry so much bout the JLP??? Who is the current government of Jamaica????

Based on your projection a few months ago JLP will not be in power for the next five years.

Them have to deal with the current US government, no???

How has Black Caucus helped Jamaica???

How has Obama helped Jamaica, tell me the policy directed towards Jamaica by the Democrats.

Different day same politics. Jamaica and the Caribbean have to look out for themselves, not US Republicans or Democrats.
    Last edited by Assasin; November 5, 2014, 02:34 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin;499221]why you worry so much bout the JLP??? Who is the current government of Jamaica????
      LOL.. You seem offended by even a hint of an unfavorable comment re your beloved JLP, but wen mi trash di Termite dem yuh quiat lika Church Mouse
      What you inanely call worry is quality political analysis unavailable in any other location. Be thankful and learn what you're able to
      Based on your projection a few months ago JLP will not be in power for the next five years.
      I don't recall any such projection..kindly provide the source data for your claim

How has Black Caucus helped Jamaica???
      I gave one instance of how they have..Pls reread with more attention

How has Obama helped Jamaica, tell me the policy directed towards Jamaica by the Democrats.
      ..More tangential nonsense. I said nothing of Obama helping JA

Different day same politics. Jamaica and the Caribbean have to look out for themselves, not US Republicans or Democrats
      This is both shallow and naive

By looking out "for themselves" it is necessary to deal effectively with the powers that be.

The JLP would be wise to adopt my recommendation and drop its Republican affiliation...just as it would be good for you to wise up to insightful analysis

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

When you trash the termites????? So many things going on you just pass it by in the papers and come with the same ole same o.

JLP not in power, a PNP time. Again tell me the policy that the Black Caucas and the democrats set for the Caribbean and Jamaica while in power for the last 6 years. Where is the influence of the Democrats?

You think JLP main worry now a Republican Party winning US election???

Tell me now, you didn't say Termites going to win the next election, when Paulwell said his crap about energy and Logistic Hub??? LOL.

How will a Republican win affect Jamaica now??? JLP might not see power for a long time. What benefits will the present government get??? A dat you fi talk bout.
        Last edited by Assasin; November 5, 2014, 05:16 PM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

=Assasin;499236]When you trash the termites????? So many things going on you just pass it by in the papers and come with the same ole same o.
          Mi trash PNP Termite & JLP ChiChi at will... 2 sides of the same corrupt n incompetent coin. But you're forgiven if you don't recall my criticism

JLP not in power, a PNP time. Again tell me the policy that the Black Caucas and the democrats set for the Caribbean and Jamaica while in power for the last 6 years. Where is the influence of the Democrats.
          Now you're being idiotic.. I pointed out where the PNP has useful contacts within a US political party to solve problems they have..and the JLP doesn't. Then I advised of the implications...dats all
          Now if you're so politically naive not to realize what that means ..ah fi yuh problem dat

You think JLP main worry now a Republican Party winning US election???
          LOL!!!

Tell me now, you didn't say Termites going to win the next election, when Paulwell said his crap about energy and Logistic Hub??? LOL.
          Nope I said the PNP STRATEGY was to complete the energy investment by 2016 IN ORDER TO use reduced energy costs win the election due then

In your addled, inadequate brain that somehow means I said "Termites going to win the next election"

Are you daft??

How will a Republican win affect Jamaica now??? JLP might not see power for a long time. What benefits will the present government get??? A dat you fi talk bout.
          You cannot determine what I should write about.. you're out of place

Your problem seems to stem from my highlighting the uncomfortable truth of the JLP-Republican link. Hush likkle baby...it's just di fax.

My advice to the JLP... Time for a Change

Comment

Nope I said the PNP STRATEGY was to complete the energy investment by 2016 IN ORDER TO use reduced energy costs win the election due then

"In your addled, inadequate brain that somehow means I said "Termites going to win the next election""

Are you daft??

WOOOOOOW mi belly "I can't recall" LOL!!!!!!

I see you can't tell me one policy that the Black Causus or the Democrats ha set in place for Jamaica to benefit. What is the use of "links" if there is no benefit to Jamaica???

Neither Republican and Democrats have done anything much to benefit Jamaica in the last 20 years.

Comment

You're making a claim that I predicted a PNP victory in the next election.. I deny that as rubbish from someone who consistently demonstrates an inability to interpret written information correctly

If you know that which you speak of the record is there... it is up to you to prove your idiotic claim is actually correct

Comment

I will. I will find it as I always do.

Do you realize if there is even a 30 cut in energy price it maybe more that it was in 2011??? What Mumma P promised again about energy price???

LOL!!!

Comment

To find "it" you first have to be able to interpret info logically...

Unfortunately it seems you won't find yourself able to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    I will. I will find it as I always do.
                    So, pray tell, just where is "it"???????????

Comment

not searching yet. I don't have the time right now. Be patient.

Comment

LOL!! Yuh ave nuff time fi post yuh usual foolishness ova di past couple day but suddenly yuh time dry up since yuh cyaan defen' yuhself ... noice!!!

Comment

yeah, searching take time. posting a stress reliever

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            yeah, searching take time. posting a stress reliever
                            GWAAN SASS!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X