X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, did you describe our telephone system

as first rate ?

Please explain this.

Karl hasn't a clue. I guess he is content that people are being forced to use mobile phones that they really can't afford because landlines are still the hardest things to get installed at your home. In 2007, it still takes two weeks, if you lucky, for C&W to give you a landline. And I am talking about the decent sensible and cheap landline, not the rip-off "homefone" that they have pushed onto unsuspecting consumers.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Karl hasn't a clue. I guess he is content that people are being forced to use mobile phones that they really can't afford because landlines are still the hardest things to get installed at your home. In 2007, it still takes two weeks, if you lucky, for C&W to give you a landline. And I am talking about the decent sensible and cheap landline, not the rip-off "homefone" that they have pushed onto unsuspecting consumers.
      In REAL countries there are more land lines than cell-phones.

In Poppy-Show countries it is the reverse...

Rich people smiling all the way to the Bank.. meanwhile Karl thinks it is a renaissance.. black man can use cell-phone while white man haffi use archaic land line..

Is where unnuh find dis breddah ?

Comment

In 'real' countries there are more mobile communication devices than land lines.

...and, the gap between landlines and other communication devices shall get wider and wider. - I would think that is commonsense!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"In 'real' countries there are more mobile communication devices than land lines." - Of course, Karl! Why would your household need one landline for each family member!?!?! But at least you have a landline that affords you Internet and cheap telephone calls!

In Jamaica, those things are still privileges.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And what about businesses, Karl? Do you think they should rely on mobile phones too?

Karl, yuh choose di wrong topic. Our telephone system, landline or mobile, is nothing to show-off about!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What is the point of improved technology if it costs more to use it ?

Do you know current Internet subscription in Jamaica ?

You said our Telecom was FIRST RATE.. please explain.

Comment

"In 'real' countries there are more mobile communication devices than land lines." - Of course, Karl! Why would your household need one landline for each family member!?!?! But at least you have a landline that affords you Internet and cheap telephone calls!

In Jamaica, those things are still privileges.
                Let me bow to your 'on the ground' proximity and actual use of the system.

Tell me a little more? Let's go back a little to the earlier post on availability of telephones.

Why the matter of getting a landline prevents access? ...and, what is the difference in receiving telephone service in every nook and cranny of the island as opposed to say in every nook and cranny of the US?

Secondly: How long do you wait to receive new telephone service in homes in our major towns? ...and, large villages?

...and, in the boom-docks like - Cold Spring, Hanover where I am from?
                Last edited by Karl; June 4, 2007, 12:35 PM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  In 'real' countries there are more mobile communication devices than land lines.

...and, the gap between landlines and other communication devices shall get wider and wider. - I would think that is commonsense!
                  First Rate countries have 100% Land Line access and 57% Household Internet Usage.

Do you understand the connection between land line and household internet usage Karl ?

Take a break from your fantasy world and try and connect the dots...

Comment

Let me bow to your greater wisdom.

Tell me a little more? Let's go back a little to the earlier post on availability of telephones.

Why the matter of getting a landline prevents access? ...and, what is the difference in receiving telephone service in every nook and cranny of the island as opposed to say in every nook and cranny of the US?

Secondly: How long do you wait to receive new telephone service in homes in our major towns? ...and, large villages?

...and, in the boom-docks like - Cold Spring, Hanover where I am from?
                    Bredrin.. WTF is wrong with you ?

HOW IS JAMAICA TELECOM FIRST RATE ???????

FIRST RATE FOR WHAT ?? LOWEST VALUE ADD HIGHEST COST CONSUMPTION OR PRODUCTIVITY ????

Comment

You tell me, Karl - how long did it take you to get a phone in your home in Florida?

I can speak for Kingston, it takes 2 weeks if you lucky for a landline. Cold Spring? They'd probably tell you it's not available there, and if it is, you'd probably wait months for a new landline!

I've been trying to get a phone line in my village in St. Ann for DECADES!!! Still don't have none!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Internet in Jamaica? Wha dat?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You tell me, Karl - how long did it take you to get a phone in your home in Florida?

I can speak for Kingston, it takes 2 weeks if you lucky for a landline. Cold Spring? They'd probably tell you it's not available there, and if it is, you'd probably wait months for a new landline!

I've been trying to get a phone line in my village in St. Ann for DECADES!!! Still don't have none!
                          I waited 2 months! ...and, it is VOIP!

Cold Spring - We have our telephones! The home based is cellular transmission....however you can travel around with the telephone. There is a also a public telephone in the village square (Do not remember mode of transmission).

Comment

I waited 2 months! ...and, it is VOIP!

Cold Spring - We have our telephones! The home based is cellular transmission....however you can travel around with the telephone. There is a also a public telephone in the village square (Do not remember mode of transmission).
                            IN WHAT WAY IS TELECOM IN JAMAICA FIRST RATE ???!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                              First Rate countries have 100% Land Line access and 57% Household Internet Usage.

Do you understand the connection between land line and household internet usage Karl ?

Take a break from your fantasy world and try and connect the dots...
                              What do you mean when you say landline?

...as the fastest and most widely used internet connections we have is digital...usually via cable television lines.

My understanding is serious work being done here - in US - to have fibre optics lines (for cable/other communication devices) installed.

...and, on your question of 1st rate - available with good continunous connections for commerce and private useage. Jamaica has that!

Comment

Working...
                              X