RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the Love for poor people that Karl describes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Too many of us do not think about problem solving!

Can you not think of at least 2 ways Seaga could be our de facto Minister of Finance?

Yes, Sistah P...and, any PM, can get anyone she/he so desires to be the Minister of Finance!
    Rhatid.. even Seaga can be cleansed in the baptisimal waters of the PNP River..

You are one sick puppy.

Comment

Some hated him because him wear green, others because he is white. You can continue to bicker about Seaga introduced the garrison, people need reasons fi validate dem hatred.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

OK!

...perhaps, you are right I am resistant to change. In fact, Tilla will tell you I was even against a change in colour arrangement for the forum immediately preceeding this one ...but, he will also tell you I liked this one and was for it.

One year with an inherited Executive...an Executive that, I remind you, came out and showed all Jamaica that its members in key positions, was not of the same mindset as Sistah P...is not enough.

Sistah P needs her mandate to as the Constitution clearly spells out, select her Executive!
        Well she is outta luck. She had her chance to clean house and allowed the undesirables to fester.

On toppa dat, she taking credit for the last years accomplishments (light as they are). Cant have her cake and eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          Well she is outta luck. She had her chance to clean house and allowed the undesirables to fester.

On toppa dat, she taking credit for the last years accomplishments (light as they are). Cant have her cake and eat it too.

Somehow I do not think so!
          Press-a-lang Sistah P! Press-a-lang!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Willi - two very good articles from Maxwell. Editing would have the articles loose the flavour esp. w.r.t. to his father's legacy. I think Maxwell wears his heart on his shirt sleeves when it comes to the environmental issues....pity the post was hijacked by the party hacks...and they didn't deal with issues at hand.
            I have been close to the Bauxite industry and have intimate details with some of their operations since my late father worked at Kirvine for all of my life. I can tell you stories about the industry and how they treat with people and communities. I can tell you when Jamaica was exporting bauxite ore from Reynolds at one shilling a ton!!! It really wasn't until the bauxite levy that Jamaica got any real money from Bauxite..yet they resisted....I can tell you how a leader of big Trade Union in Jamaica called a strike (on the trains) so that HIS trucks could pull bauxite (alumina) to Port Esquivel instead....
            For the head of NWC to jump to the defence of these companies is tantamount to treason and abject hypocrisy.
            The bauxite industry are still outstanding in "reclaiming" the lands they have mined - planting grass and putting a few heads of cattle is not enough.

Comment

Great response Exile!

More data dots to connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Willi - two very good articles from Maxwell. Editing would have the articles loose the flavour esp. w.r.t. to his father's legacy. I think Maxwell wears his heart on his shirt sleeves when it comes to the environmental issues....pity the post was hijacked by the party hacks...and they didn't deal with issues at hand.
                I have been close to the Bauxite industry and have intimate details with some of their operations since my late father worked at Kirvine for all of my life. I can tell you stories about the industry and how they treat with people and communities. I can tell you when Jamaica was exporting bauxite ore from Reynolds at one shilling a ton!!! It really wasn't until the bauxite levy that Jamaica got any real money from Bauxite..yet they resisted....I can tell you how a leader of big Trade Union in Jamaica called a strike (on the trains) so that HIS trucks could pull bauxite (alumina) to Port Esquivel instead....
                For the head of NWC to jump to the defence of these companies is tantamount to treason and abject hypocrisy.
                The bauxite industry are still outstanding in "reclaiming" the lands they have mined - planting grass and putting a few heads of cattle is not enough.
                Or was it 6pence a ton we started at under a deal brokered by the Norman Manley government.

I am not quite sure on the price...but, even then it seemed extremely 'gi weh money'/piitance to me!

Hey! Michael stepped in and demanded a better deal!

I wonder what is the current situation?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                  Rhatid.. even Seaga can be cleansed in the baptisimal waters of the PNP River..

You are one sick puppy.
                  ..and, you claim you want a unified more 'loving' Jamaica? I wonder...who is the sick puppy?

Comment

..and, you claim you want a unified more 'loving' Jamaica? I wonder...who is the sick puppy?
                    Where you see me claim I want a more unified 'loving' Jamaica ?

The problem is Jamaica giving too much 'love' to an abusive party..

Dem seh certain slave dem did love dem massah...

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                      Where you see me claim I want a more unified 'loving' Jamaica ?

The problem is Jamaica giving too much 'love' to an abusive party..

Dem seh certain slave dem did love dem massah...
                      Sorry!
                      I thought your clamouring for a change meant you were asking for, as you saw it, change for the better!
                      My bad!

Comment

[quote=Exile;31039]Willi - two very good articles from Maxwell. Editing would have the articles loose the flavour esp. w.r.t. to his father's legacy. [quote]

Exile: The editing I meant - Using the "Edit" button and then posting the article in paragraphs to aid easy reading.

I am thinking we should all do that when necessary to facilitate 'easy read' for everyone.

Comment

Sorry!
                          I thought your clamouring for a change meant you were asking for, as you saw it, change for the better!
                          My bad!
                          I am clamouring for a fundamental change in policy, management and the power structure.

Unity and love are feel-good concepts but will not exist in a vaccum.

"It takes cash to care"

Comment

Working...
                          X