Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican Coffee

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=56144

So we produce the best so we nuh have fi sell it?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I must have a morning cup of coffee.

I went to the farmers' market recently and bought 1 lb. of Blue Mountain coffee for $35.00. It is the most expensive of all the world coffee I saw. I buy it because it is the (single) best coffee I have tasted. And I have tried maybe all.

At that price why are we still having this same old conversation of maximizing production.

This same issue arises with maximizing ginger and cocoa production.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

you see it too and the farmers are getting out of Coffee as it is not profitable to them, and we wonder why we are where we are. Nuff countries would be glad if they had 25 dollar a pound coffee.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sooo why is it not profitabe?!! where does the money go?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

As for coffee. Again ask the farmers, government officials and friends killed many farmers in the 1990s. It has still not recovered from the late 80 boom.

You have to sell your coffee to certain vendors at certain price or you as a farmer can go to prison to sell your coffee publicly. The vendor and coffee board turn around and sell it for whatever they want. Same thing with Cocoa board, up to months ago government owed Cocoa farmers and Coffee farmers. Then with other stuff you have the middleman who oftenly buy the farmers product and disappear(no real venting by government). The information and market is directly not shared so others can benefit.

You have a lot less coffee farmers now than you had in the early 90s and they are dropping out, even in Blue mountain. Then you have the big man who mix Blue mountain with high mountain or low land coffee and pass it off. Pure slackness

Comment

I sometime doubt the quality of the Blue Mountain coffee sold at the airport or other places.

There's always a steady supply.

I think some blending takes place.....
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

U sight up di rake...

Comment

years ago there was only low land coffee and blue mountain coffee. A certain politician was accused with others of mixing and selling it as Blue Mountain coffee. It was decided to have low land, high mountain and Blue Mountain coffee. This is suppose to be certified by the coffee board but ......

Comment

Working...
                X