X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Holt...RIP.....Giant

That was my singer.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Veteran reggae singer John Holt dies aged 69

Jamaican star and songwriter behind The Tide Is High died in hospital on 19 October

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...ged-69-veteran
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

RIP Legend...
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

John Holt: five great performances
        One of reggae’s great singers has left us – here are five classic tracks to remember him by

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mus...t-performances

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Was listening to 10,000 Volts of Holt in my car just last week.

RIP
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

One of the few singers who sounded exactly the same live as he did on record. He didn't really need a band. He couldn't dance a lick but love to see him live.

Love me some John Holt from back in the days and then some "sweetie come brush me" and his lovely delivery in "Police in Helicopter".

RIP John Holt, one of my favorite.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Touch wi wid some wicked chune. Jah guidance singah.

Comment

Sad. This man brought so many a lot of happiness. Beautiful memories by the score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaCurnK_Rw

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  One of the few singers who sounded exactly the same live as he did on record. He didn't really need a band. He couldn't dance a lick but love to see him live.

Love me some John Holt from back in the days and then some "sweetie come brush me" and his lovely delivery in "Police in Helicopter".

RIP John Holt, one of my favorite.
                  Never could relate to the "Police in Helicopter" song.....
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

My favorite artist! Have to go play my DVD with him - great performance with the London Philarmonic Orchestra, wid my bredrin Arnold (Willy) Brackenridge on trumpet.

Rest well my brother. Everytime I hear On the Beach with the Paragons, I think of my old stomping ground -- Boston Beach!
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

not a advocate but it is a protest song, that was well done.
                      I like the song itself but the words are not the friendliest and John know this as he never do the whole song live, always a few lines.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that song. Appropriate response to the plantation mentality.

Comment

We can not think for ourselves and waited for US states
                          to start the decriminalization process.
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

RIP Mr. Holt. Loved your singing and always will!
                            Peter R

Comment

Holt remembered

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...bered_17772965

John Holt...long live his music

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...music_17773189

Comment

Working...
                              X