X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Judge, justice served!!

Man gets life without parole for murdering Florida teen over loud music

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/17/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I was a juror on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I did not want to be called.

It was my first time. The case was a domestic violence with battery charges...

The US judicial system (like all) is not perfect. But I was very impressed by the procedural steps from jury selection, trial to verdict.

I now (kinda) understand the 'feel' of the US judicial system; and how the levels of skill displayed by the prosecutor, defense and judge can have an effect on the outcome.

In the case that I sat, and in the case you just cited Lazie, justice have been served.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Dem gween haffi put him in isolation in the big house.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        I was a juror on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I did not want to be called.

It was my first time. The case was a domestic violence with battery charges...

The US judicial system (like all) is not perfect. But I was very impressed by the procedural steps from jury selection, trial to verdict.

I now (kinda) understand the 'feel' of the US judicial system; and how the levels of skill displayed by the prosecutor, defense and judge can have an effect on the outcome.

In the case that I sat, and in the case you just cited Lazie, justice have been served.
        Served once, it was an accident case. After listening all the evidence for 2 days, returning the 3rd day to reach a a verdict, both parties settled. At least I saw how the system worked.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X