• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Krust enters Middle East

Golden Krust enters Middle East
    BY HAROLD G BAILEY

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Golden Krust enters Middle East

NEW YORK, USA - Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery and Grill has inked a two-year deal with Kuwait's Everest Foods Company to distribute its patties to the Middle East.

Everest already has footprints across Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, and the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon.

The agreement will see Golden Krust supply the Middle Eastern company with a 20-foot container of the product each month.

The patties, which have been prepared under the Halal process to meet Muslim requirements, are being distributed to military bases and stores in the region.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...-East_17680294

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Yuh know, maybe unnu right all along. We get sensible once wi touch US so
    So, Jampro ever try something like dis?

So now di world going to think of Golden Krust when it come to patty and not Tastee or Juici?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yup because like many Jamaicans at home, Tastees and Jucibeef only catering to the local and Caribbean markets and not looking globally.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hallal patty.....mm dem nuh rate demselves unless Backra rate dem 1st.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you see while some people trying to be the "best" Golden Krust and Royal Caribbean not even trying. They are trying to sell patties. Royal Caribbean sells to the US military(the only contractor) and have the inside leg up at Walmart, While Golden Krust take over the retail market. Man some a dem patty deh not even taste good. We always think we have the best but people must come begging us to sell them.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            you see while some people trying to be the "best" Golden Krust and Royal Caribbean not even trying. They are trying to sell patties. Royal Caribbean sells to the US military(the only contractor) and have the inside leg up at Walmart, While Golden Krust take over the retail market. Man some a dem patty deh not even taste good. We always think we have the best but people must come begging us to sell them.
            Yuh pan pint!
            Dem nex wan dem need fi tink large!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I don't know about that, in both cases the patties are very substandard.
              What I like about Golden Krust is the consistently superior service, layout and feel as opposed to all other jamaican run USA places where there is poor service and poor process.

I was in Newark over the weekend and was shocked, shocked to see Golden Krust in terminal A front and center, wow! I had to eat something, of course I saw the prices and I had sticker shock, nothing under ten dollars so I decided to have one patty and a bottle of water that still run up about six dollars.

Patty was straight up horrible, old, lumpy and a joke of a crust.
              Can you imagine if they can get the patty right, worldwide domination, beat pizza and everything.

Btw patties been in the Philippines in Manila for donkey's years.
              http://eatjamaican.com/phillipines.html

Comment

They used to be in Terminal B in 2012 and had a lot of airline crew customers. Oxtail was decent.

Comment

Golden Krust patty - nuh taste good!! Mi not buying that.
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

The service depend on the franchise owners. The patty is ok when just coming out of the oven but don't make it stay in the warmer for a little.
                    Yes if you read carefully I stated that they are nowhere near the best patty but they have a plan and growing more than the companies with better patties.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Then again, if Juici and Tastee just nuh want to go global like that...their prerogative.

Still liked Angel Flake patty over all a dem, and look where they ended up!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

them can continue fighting wid Trinidad fi let in two pound a patty meat.

Comment

The frozen Royal Caribbean Bakery patties cook good when you warm them up in the oven. Everything else nuh taste good.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                          X