Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberian with Ebola

Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan did the right thing for his own personal
    interests. Any reasonable person would have lied to leave Liberia for better
    healthcare in the USA. He knew he cared for the pregnant woman
    who died from Ebola, and put many folks at risk in coming to the USA.

If I were him, I would have lied too, if I got exposed in Jamaica to a highly contagious disease!
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Do you think he was not diagnosed and admitted on the first attempt because of no INSURANCE?

Arriving in an ambulance on the second attempt constitutes an emergency; therefore he was admitted.

There are obviously some important info. being left out.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

“In our electronic health records, there are separate physician and nursing workflows. The documentation of the travel history was located in the nursing workflow portion of the EHR, and was designed to provide a high reliability nursing process to allow for the administration of influenza vaccine under a physician-delegated standing order. As designed, the travel history would not automatically appear in the physician's standard workflow.”
      In other words, the nurse wrote that Duncan had come from Liberia, but the doctors who examined him would not have automatically seen that. And they were not prompted to ask.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...d-away-n217296
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

John Crow seh him naw work pon Sundays:

http://jablogz.com/2014/10/jamaican-...bola-patients/
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Friday, Oct 3, 2014 • Updated at 1:00 PM EDT
          A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being treated at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., a hospital spokesperson confirmed late Friday morning.
          The patient had traveled to Nigeria recently.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...lowTwt_DCBrand

Comment

Don't think he was not admitted based on insurance. Obviously, the first thing they ask at a hospital is insurance. I've taken others to
            the emergency room & hospitals, and their first question is about insurance.

They goofed on his traveling & potential risk of ebola.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Liberian? Who said he was Liberian?!

As far as I know, he is American. So let's start from there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They keep reporting him as a Liberian citizen. I presume he's a Green Card holder hence Liberian.

Comment

I've never heard that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X