I think this is the most dynamic forum on the RBYZSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is the most dynamic forum on the RBYZSC

Since the football is dead , the politics dribble has a lively tone to it .Like to say thanks to Ben aka Maudib from when he 1st came to the site , to enlighten us on the hardships back home (living at home ) and Karl and Jawge and Willy as foundation antagonist to the debate living abroad.

its interesting to note the angles and tones from these 2 antagonistic sides, one local one forgein.

I used to join in but I realised that honestly debating politics is out of my depth.I feel for the men who want change , because we all do but the dilema is whom do we choose to lead us to change .

A 5 th term government or a 5th term opposition ?

Me personally with family loyalty aside , I would vote JLP just for the fresh air.

Keep it up gentleman.
    Last edited by Sir X; June 1, 2007, 09:58 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    Since the football is dead , the politics dribble has a lively tone to it .Like to say thanks to Ben aka Maudib from when he 1st came to the site , to enlighten us on the hardships back home (living at home ) and Karl and Jawge and Willy as foundation antagonist to the debate living abroad.

its interesting to note the angles and tones from these 2 antagonistic sides, one local one forgein.

I use to join in but I realised that honestly debating politics is out of my depth.I feel for the men who want change , because we all do but the dilema is whom do we choose to lead us to change .

A 5 th term government or a 5th term opposition ?

Me personally with family loyalty aside , I would vote JLP just for the fresh air.

Keep it up gentleman.
    What is particularly offensive about the PNP Govt is the mind numbing arrogance of the leadership... while we trying to figure out how dem show dem face in public, they are sneering down at us as if dem actually accomplish something of any value to the country.

They act as if they have some mandate of the people when in actuality dem manage to buy 25% of the enumerated voters (crippling the economy in the process) and maintaining an 8 seat Garrison differential.

'Shut yuh damn mouth !'
    'Yuh can fahgget it !'
    'How many troops does the Farquason Institute have ?'

Smiling through Scandal after Scandal..

Listen nuh.. I not even gwine to be happy to see them run out.. mi waan si some a dem put UNDAH di Jail !

Comment

What is offensive to me is the people have not voted them out ! so how can I blame the PNP if the people sign away dem birthright am I to blame the slave master considering it wasnt done with a whip , but rice and peas or zinc fence?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well, it is an election year. I don't think the responses to Jawge's latest post dealt with the point he was trying to make. If issues are discussed then the labelling wouldn't be necessary - from both sides of course.
        Example A. Jamaica nice!
        Response: Only a Comrade would say that...no % growth for 18 years??? Please!!!
        Example A. Jamaica no nice!
        Yu have to be a labourite, yu no see the highway?

Comment

Exile , how can i forgot another elder statesman on the political debates , forgive me for not acknowledging you in my original post.

I guess thats why the debating of politics is out of my depth..lol.The mentality of the debates are just gulp...clanish.
          Last edited by Sir X; June 1, 2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

What I really find interesting is Jawge and Karl defence of the PNP government and they dont live in Jamaica, they make fanatical arguments for a government that havent governed them from god knows how long being american immigrants

Comment

What I really find interesting is Jawge and Karl defence of the PNP government and they dont live in Jamaica, they make fanatical arguments for a government that havent governed them from god knows how long being american immigrants
              Interesting is one word....

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Well, it is an election year. I don't think the responses to Jawge's latest post dealt with the point he was trying to make. If issues are discussed then the labelling wouldn't be necessary - from both sides of course.
                Example A. Jamaica nice!
                Response: Only a Comrade would say that...no % growth for 18 years??? Please!!!
                Example A. Jamaica no nice!
                Yu have to be a labourite, yu no see the highway?
                If you understand what point Jawge is trying to make.. that may be cause for alarm on your part...

Comment

Are my arguments fanatical? Do I acknowledge PNP faults? Do I go further and condemn PNP wrongs - incompetence at managing and or wrong doings?

I think I do! Yet for all that I support the PNP!

Why?
                  The answer could be in looking at the similar, why do I still support my wife and children with all their faults? Why do they support me with all my faults?

...and, the response may be, "the good outweighs the bad"?! The perceived benefits...the upside...far outweigh any losses...the downside?!
                  It may even have included, I do not see 'better' coming from any other suitor?! ...and, it may even have included a reasoned fear of the known or fear of the unknown?

Yup!
                  My faith and trust lies in the PNP!

Maudib's, Lazie's and that crew lies in the JLP! ...as we used to say, "a nuh nutten"...man an man free fi tink tru an ha-rive hat dem owna position. My resoning says - PNP! I am comfortable with that! I
                  Last edited by Karl; June 2, 2007, 12:56 PM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Point taken.
                    Is there no possibility of a 3rd Party in Jamaica made up individuals who want to contribute to nation building and not just the party machinery. Are there no more 'good men' left? Could there be say an "Independent" party that would attract people from either side?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Are my arguments fanatical? Do I acknowledge PNP faults? Do I go further and comdemn PNP wrongs - incompetence at managing and or wrong doings?

Why?
                      The answer could be in looking at the similar, why do I still support my wide and children will all their faults? Why do they support me with all my faults?

...and, the response may be, "the good outweigh the bad"?! The perceived benefits...the upside far outweigh any losses...the downside?!
                      It may even have included, I do not see 'better' coming from any other suitor?! ...and, it may even have included a fear reasoned of the known or fear of the unknown?

Yup!

Maudib's, Lazie's and that crew lies in the JLP! ...as we used to say, "a nuh nutten"...man an man free fi tink tru an ha-rive hat dem owna position. My resoning says - PNP! I am comfortable with that! I
                      You are indeed free to think what you will. But the question is why does your faith and trust lie in the PNP?

Your answer will determine if you are indeed thinking.

Comment

Are my arguments fanatical? Do I acknowledge PNP faults? Do I go further and comdemn PNP wrongs - incompetence at managing and or wrong doings?

Why?
                        The answer could be in looking at the similar, why do I still support my wide and children will all their faults? Why do they support me with all my faults?

...and, the response may be, "the good outweigh the bad"?! The perceived benefits...the upside far outweigh any losses...the downside?!
                        It may even have included, I do not see 'better' coming from any other suitor?! ...and, it may even have included a fear reasoned of the known or fear of the unknown?

Yup!

KARRECK yuhself Komrade Karl. "Lazie's and that crew lies in the JLP" Thats a fallacy bossman. The reality is that based on the performance of both parties, it is clear who knows how to manage the country's affairs. If the JLP cannot pull dem weight, I'll be the first to call for their dismisal. However, after 18 years of apprentiseship, it is clear these idiots in the PNP have no clue.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
                          You are indeed free to think what you will. But the question is why does your faith and trust lie in the PNP?

Your answer will determine if you are indeed thinking.
                          I know I have given many, many answers to that question.
                          You have responded to many.

Unfortunately, because I am not with one accord with you on whom to favour you have often lost your cool!

My many posts on why I favour the PNP should be on site. Search should allow you to find them.

BTW - I have dog-eared "The Politics of Change", "A Voice at the Workplace", "The Struggle For Solutions" and the John Hearne put together "The Search for Solutions".

Michael like all of us bleeds. Mistakes are all a part of each one of us. A few more years and you shall grow up. You'll eventually learn that one can disagree and still befriend, respect...'live good' with others.

I have many friends from among both JLP and PNP. I have a relative who has won elections for the JLP at the local government level. I have PNP government minister as an in-law...and, am friend of the family of a JLP MP. Members of my own family support the PNP while others support the JLP. Each having rational reasons for giving of support. Like it or not I am with Sistah P. I am convinced, that if allowed to have her own mandate she shall take us to prosperous days! ... to a more 'beautiful' better Jamaica!
                          Last edited by Karl; June 2, 2007, 01:30 PM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I know I have given many, many answers to that question.
                            You have responded to many.

Unfortunately, because I am not with one accord with you on whom to favour you have often lost your cool!

My many posts on why I favour the PNP should be onsite. Search should allow you to find them.

BTW - I have dog-eared "The Politics of Change", "A Voice at the Workplace", "The Struggle For Solutions" and the John Hearne put together "The Search for Solutions".

Michael like all of us bleeds. Mistakes are all a part of each one of us. A few more years and you shall grow up. You'll eventually learn that one can disagree and still befriend, respect...'live good' with others.

I have many friends from among both JLP and PNP. I have a relative who has won elections for the JLP at the local government level. I have PNP government minister as an in-law...and, am friend of the family of a JLP MP. Members of my own family support the PNP while others support the JLP. Each having rational reasons for giving of support. Like it or not I am with Sistah P. I am convinced, that if allowed to have her own mandate she shall take us to prosperous days! ... to a more 'beautiful' better Jamaica!
                            Well said. Well said. I would like to leave our disagreements at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              KARRECK yuhself Komrade Karl. "Lazie's and that crew lies in the JLP" Thats a fallacy bossman. The reality is that based on the performance of both parties, it is clear who knows how to manage the country's affairs. If the JLP cannot pull dem weight, I'll be the first to call for their dismisal. However, after 18 years of apprentiseship, it is clear these idiots in the PNP have no clue.
                              So at this moment your trust does not differ from mine?

Boss stop the hop-scotch we have been debating whether to support the Sistah P led PNP or the Bruce Golding led JLP! My faith lies in the PNP! Yours in the JLP!

*btw - I cannot find many of my recent posts responding to some of your crew?

I wonder why?

I hope my recent house guest, who told me that the JLP has the guest's vote, did not erased them?

Comment

Working...
                              X