House up for sale to send daughter to med school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House up for sale to send daughter to med school

Manchester father puts family house up for sale to send daughter to medical school
    Desperate dad

BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Sunday Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com

Sunday, September 28, 2014 6 Comments

Georgia and her proud dad George Lindsay at their New Forest home in Manchester last Friday.

A Manchester father, desperate to raise $1 million to send his daughter to medical school in China, has put his family house up for sale, saying that he would do anything to prevent her from experiencing the hardships he endured growing up.

"Is because it never sell at the time why you come here and see it now," George Lindsay told the Jamaica Observer on Friday.

"I put up the sign out at the front of the road and quite a few people came and look at it. But I never had the registered title. If I had the registered title, I would be a happy man, because it would have been sold and her schooling taken care of," he said.

"When I told people I was selling my house and sending her to school they told me they would not do it, because pickney may not turn 'roun and look back on them. But I said 'how would you know? I will run the risk'. And it is still up for sale," he insisted

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...e-dad_17626332

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Off to China!

Off to China!

Overwhelming support from Observer readers sends grateful Hampton girl to medical school

BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Sunday Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com

Sunday, October 05, 2014 52 Comments

Georgia Lindsay with her dad George and her sister Geonna at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston yesterday before leaving for China to study medicine.

GEORGE Lindsay, the Manchester father who was last week set on selling his house in order to help fund his daughter's dream of studying medicine in China, yesterday saw her off at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, thanks to Jamaica Observer readers, here and abroad, who were touched by his story.

Easily, the largest donation he received was from the mother of a prominent Jamaican businessman who paid the $1 million required for the first year.

The woman, who wished to remain anonymous, met the family in Mandeville last Wednesday and paid the sum over to the university through their account.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...hina-_17685664

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

his charade worked i see...selling his house but him don't have no title

Comment

Really, no title?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X