X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    Hi everyone,

My situation has improved but I am not out of the woods yet. The white blood cell counts are going in the right direction , but I still have had fever, which means the infection is present. The docs have identified the invasive bacterium as "Streptococcus pyogenes' which is a cause of Necrotizing fasciitis which is what I am trying to fight off.

I managed to watch the ManCity Roma game and saw the Barca PSG results.

All for now.

Will check in.
    Keep strong mi bredda.. bless up!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

And perhaps he should consider getting a tricycle.

Comment

My prayers are with you my brother.

Keep strong….much love.

Comment

Good to hear. Hurry back you're missing The Paul Marin n X-Rated soap opera.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Just an update... my White Blood Cells are back to normal and the docs took me off the antibiotics. My appetite is returning and I need to eat plenty the doc says. The Next step if for the plastic surgeon to get skin back over my calf... just think of a chicken leg with the skin removed... essentially that's what my calf looks like ( or one of those cutaways you see in the doctor's office). I have no skin over most of the right calf. We hope that by Wednesday grafting will begin.

The next thing is, rehab... I lost in my estimation about 15-20 lbs. and I am a super lightweight to begin with. I will have to learn to walk again as my right leg is pretty much stiffened at the joints and I have lost muscle mass.

So that's it for now. It's just waiting on the plastic surgery... if they think it takes, they'll send me home and I will simply have to make doctor's visits for him to check on progress.

My youngest brother came and was my Florence Nightingale for the last six days, he flew out this morning... and Paul M. will be here soon to take a turn. Hopefully, I'll be home by then.

My wife has not worked in the last two weeks, but I think she went to her office today... I have to thank her and her family who have been totally unwavering of their support of her and me.

Thanks to my forum family for your words of encouragement and prayers. I have a lot to be thankful for as I start this next phase of my recuperation.
            Peter R

Comment

Good to hear you are improving! Wish you a speedy recovery.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                Just an update... my White Blood Cells are back to normal and the docs took me off the antibiotics. My appetite is returning and I need to eat plenty the doc says. The Next step if for the plastic surgeon to get skin back over my calf... just think of a chicken leg with the skin removed... essentially that's what my calf looks like ( or one of those cutaways you see in the doctor's office). I have no skin over most of the right calf. We hope that by Wednesday grafting will begin.

The next thing is, rehab... I lost in my estimation about 15-20 lbs. and I am a super lightweight to begin with. I will have to learn to walk again as my right leg is pretty much stiffened at the joints and I have lost muscle mass.

So that's it for now. It's just waiting on the plastic surgery... if they think it takes, they'll send me home and I will simply have to make doctor's visits for him to check on progress.

My youngest brother came and was my Florence Nightingale for the last six days, he flew out this morning... and Paul M. will be here soon to take a turn. Hopefully, I'll be home by then.

My wife has not worked in the last two weeks, but I think she went to her office today... I have to thank her and her family who have been totally unwavering of their support of her and me.

Thanks to my forum family for your words of encouragement and prayers. I have a lot to be thankful for as I start this next phase of my recuperation.
                Glad to hear that things are improving.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Good to hear that you are improving. Just read some of X's posts next door to get your blood pumping, which may speed your recovery.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That stiffness is a circulation problem,attibuted to lack of movemet.

1) Get out of bed everyday ,sit in a chair to expand lungs and circulate the blood.

2)Move foot and legs esp toes of both legs , to get circulation moving again.

Adds strength to muscles and incrrases circulation,twinkle toes ,flexing the stiff leg goes a far way.....if you dont use it ,you lose it.

If youhave diabetes rehab is longer,so start.

Bless brethren, see if yuh can talk o Paul bout im 5th columnist antics fi mi.A wouldnt want dem ole im in deh and send im guh di psych ward.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Blessed Assurance mi bredda

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                        ...and in good spirits. Had 2nd surgery on his leg. He said "2 down, one to go..
                        For PeterR's sake I sincerely pray that this means the 3rd leg is out of the woods now

Comment

There's an App for that.

Comment

Thank you for the update. Never met you in person PR, but over the years you have been like a friend--someone I have known for a long time.

Hope our paths meet one day. I would allow you to fiah the first shatttt
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The physiotherapist gave me a series of exercises I have to be doing routinely, including what you said.

And I get to sit down on a commode to do number 2... that probably counts. LOL

I have a bar above the bed with use to do a form of pullup.

Thanks for the advice still.
                              Peter R

Comment

I actually ended up with eight procedures under anesthetic in ten days... the first few to clean out and "debridement"... the last thee or four to change bandages... each time I had to fast and so it took a toll on me. They've now changed my bandages twice at the bedside so things in that respect are looking up.

As for the third leg, that is performing one function very well, like I can't stop pi s s... as for the other function I won't know for a while... tell Jangle to let me know bout the app jus' in case!
                                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                                X