Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Chik-V thing is a JOKE now.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...hik-V--reports

The GOJ is doing a massive coverup. All in Sundry in Span Town have had it. I am sure the St Thomas thing is the same.

HOWEVER,

in a way the Opposition (though right) is WORSE!!!!

Here is how I see it. Chik is far less fatal and dangerous than dengue!! They all know this. Chik problem is mostly econ impact, ie sick days and scared tourists who will take a raincheck on a vacation until the epidemic has passed. Who wants to get sick on their holiday?

So yes, the GOJ is telling a lie, but one can understand why. I blame them more for not finding the budget to do a MASSIVE spray eradication exercise and for not doing more public education and more Jeep-like eradication works.

I blame the JLP for knowing this and instead of advocation quietly what I delineated above, they are playing silly-one-up-manship politics as usual. This is a national mini-crisis. If the parties can agree and coalesce around this, what hope do we have???

Plain truth and bad mannaz!

So yes, the GOJ is telling a lie, but one can understand why. I blame them more for not finding the budget to do a MASSIVE spray eradication exercise and for not doing more public education and more Jeep-like eradication
    I agree!

Jamaica has got to be the most mosquito-infested country in the world! Only in the most remote, swampy villages of Vietnam have I ever come across so many mosquitoes (and croaking lizards, for that matter). Can't remember as a young boy having to deal with the pests like I do now. Time to rid the country of this scourge!

And how come so much croaking lizard deh bout and wi still have so much mosquito? Dat nuh mek nuh sense. Maybe we should exterminate dem as well!

Ok, that's my rant for this morning!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Totally agree!

Comment

spraying doesn't work...people just nasty and don't keep their environment clean...not much the GOJ can do about that...there is no treatment available for it...so hey...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          I agree!

Jamaica has got to be the most mosquito-infested country in the world! Only in the most remote, swampy villages of Vietnam have I ever come across so many mosquitoes (and croaking lizards, for that matter). Can't remember as a young boy having to deal with the pests like I do now. Time to rid the country of this scourge!

And how come so much croaking lizard deh bout and wi still have so much mosquito? Dat nuh mek nuh sense. Maybe we should exterminate dem as well!

Ok, that's my rant for this morning!
          When i lived in Jamaica, there was [ALWAYS] a crew of workers from the local health dept. who went around with spray-tanks to kill mosquitos. They would go to a different area everyday

They concentrated on swamp areas and places that breed these critters.

I hope this important programs still exists!!
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Spray work in epidemic, but is not a long term solution. You read Lloyd B recent article about the Uglification of Jamaica? LoL. You sound just like him.

Comment

Working...
            X