RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolate milk invented in Jamaica -Smithsonian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate milk invented in Jamaica -Smithsonian!

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...ica-180949734/

Can you tell me why we market Cocoa for little and nothing and not "Coco tea". Everytime I come go JA I have to get a few a di Cocoa Rocks to take back with me.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I take it that Jamaica has well developed Cocoa farms....

And if they do, I am positive that at even maximum production--they could not satisfy demand.....
      Last edited by HL; September 9, 2014, 03:26 PM.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Niche market HL. The quality of Jamaican Cocoa is well known. Government mess up things with Cocoa Board. We use to produce more Cocoa 20 years ago than we do now and is not because of lack of demand but because Cocoa board thief the farmers.

http://www.acdivoca.org/site/Lookup/...-Cocoa-Web.pdf
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thank you for this Assasin!

I was in Brussels 2 weeks ago. I have NEVER seen so many businesses involved in chocolate. Chocolate of every imaginable description, shape and flavors. I am not a chocolate person, but i was curious enough to purchase and sample a few of the variations. Outstanding!!

The Swiss are #1 in the chocolate business; the Belgians 2nd. I heard.

The europeans have this market wrapped up.

Assasin, I hope the training I just read--involved exposure of the farmers to this part of the Cocoa market. That Jamaica MUST be involved, and strive to be world-class--not only growing, but producing specialized chocolate [end product] unique to the island.

HL

Comment

Gwey! Hershey's is number 1!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am not a chocolate expert, but in volume maybe Hersheys may be #1. Not in quality though. I know a few women who would be 'insulted' if you gave them a piece of Hersheys chocolate.

Why don't you enter the koko planting bizniz in Jamaica. Buy out an established farm.
              Last edited by HL; September 9, 2014, 07:08 PM.

HL

Comment

HL, I understand they use the Jamaican Cocoa to season up the quantity. HL mi love mi "chacklet tea" and no other package is as creamy as that so there is a market for that if done right. I don't think we can compete in the wholesale production.

Comment

I recall having that tea sometimes when I was a kid. Quite enjoyed it. Have not had it in X amount of years.

HL

Comment

You need to get some, done right, hot like fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X