X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Clarke - A Eulogy of sorts

'No More Rum-Drinking Days' Roger's Humor
    Published: Sunday | August 31, 2014

Days before his sudden death, Roger Clarke, from his hospital bed in Florida, told The Gleaner that, "When you see me, you going think is Usain Bolt," as he added that, "my wife says I must stop drink after today, so no more liquor in my life. No more rum-drinking days."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...news/new2.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RIP, Roger
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Roger Clarke: cane field to Cabinet
      Published: Sunday | August 31, 2014 4 Comments

Daniel Thwaites

Daniel Thwaites

Daniel Thwaites

I intended to lock horns with Gordon Robinson for saying I "try to appear non-partisan". Let me disabuse him. No, I don't. There are more than enough of the supposedly non-partisans. That field is saturated.

I don't have the luxury to pretend, nor do I care to have it. Apart from the obvious connection to the minister who wants children to carry water to school, The Gleaner has editorialised about my early political activity, and I've publicised my difficult struggle to vote for André Hylton despite Sapphire Longmore's good looks. Furthermore, if yuh look good pon de TV during conference time, de video camera always ketch mi.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...cleisure4.html
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Nice! Very nice! Captures the very essence of the man.
        RIP, Roger.

Comment

Working...
        X