No announcement yet.

Wishful thinking! Snow would fall in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maudib's definition of medium term was 4-6 years, mine was 5.

Lazie, yuh still not understanding me. Is the JLP just going to sit back and allow the electorate to vote them out again even while the economy is churning along at 5%? What can be done differently that will let people see/realise the benefits of 5-10% growth?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Lazie, yuh still not understanding me. Is the JLP just going to sit back and allow the electorate to vote them out again even while the economy is churning along at 5%? What can be done differently that will let people see/realise the benefits of 5-10% growth?
      They have to be proactive and keep the people aware of what is happening so they can 'judge' for themselves. Then again, when man like KArl saw figures him claimed, "The figures may well be true, but no black dwag fi monkey!" As fi Jawge him ago find some cock and bull story bout not being able to go to Doctor's Cave beach. The die hards nuh business ... dem only want fi dem party in power.

When clowns that think like Karl and Jawge realize that they need to put themselves first .. then ... only then.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Jamaican people dont like discipline. This is the crux of the problem.

It will take a massive education campaign to avert what you describe Mo. Truth is that when the basics are shored up, they will run back to the "loose" parent. Look at America, they in the same boat. Clinton and the Dems fix the econ. issues from Daddy Bush and the people run to Bush Jnr. who waste out all the money. Bush spend more than all Prezzies before...even more than his "off balance sheet" Daddy. Everlasting Highway development, Iraq war...same crap.

PNP ah Bush natural equivalent.
        Last edited by Willi; May 31, 2007, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Missing my point. Why is it that people vote out a party that is...well...doing good for them, by running the country at 8% growth? Is it because the common man not feeling that growth, or to attain that growth some serious cutbacks have to be implemented? Just asking, I really want to know. I don't believe we can all be that stupid, and not all of us worship at any church in particular.

I remember Seaga saying we had to tighten our belts. Is that what it takes to get 8% growth? Should we okay with tightening our belts and remaining patient?
          Economic growth effects to the common man are best felt when not recovering from a contraction of 1/3 of your economy..

Tightening belts will probably required.. starting with the GOVERNMENT..

Comment

Working...
          X