RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karl, Jawge.. can anyone shed light on this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    Karl, Its the Wills O Gang that start the escalation. That is where the coalesence into garrisons eveloved from. It was knife and stones back then. I can talk, cause its my people tell me all dem things and I have family roots deep in the PNP. Rudi has it right...excesses are too frequent with both parties.

Suppression of Crimes Act is the wickedest legislation ever, BUT Seaga to my chagrin did NOT eliminate it when he came into power. You think the Dems in the US gonna repeal the Patriot Acts???

Time we start to use the politixians and stop letting them use us. Accountability is key. A good start is to brush aside this bad bargain Govt we have.
    btw - Willi you forgot statements by Shearer, Dudley Thompson, Pernal Charles, KD Knight and Babsy Grange!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      ...and, why does the elimination of the PNP garrisons lead to those 8 seats going to the JLP?

massa mek sense!
      Can you read ?

The seats may not go to the JLP but they will no longer be GUARANTEED PNP seats.

I am not going to debate common knowledge with you, if you need to understand the politics of Garrisons then do some more research.

The PNP preserve the dark nature of "Garrisons" with their poor economic development policies. I am not going to connect the dots for you there either.. do some remedial reading..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        Can you read ?

The seats may not go to the JLP but they will no longer be GUARANTEED PNP seats.

I am not going to debate common knowledge with you, if you need to understand the politics of Garrisons then do some more research.

The PNP preserve the dark nature of "Garrisons" with their poor economic development policies. I am not going to connect the dots for you there either.. do some remedial reading..
        Tear down/dismantle the PNP garrisons and they will still vote PNP! ..at least in the near term! ...and, that is good enough to change things on the ground as far as opportunities for the residents are concerned.

...and, the Tivoli area/Tivoli garrison will still vote JLP after it is dismantled. ...at least in the near term!

Under Sistah P - The garrisons shall go!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tear down/dismantle the garrisons and they will still vote PNP! ..at least in the near term! ...and, that is good enough to change things on the ground as far as opportunities for the residents are concerned.

What do you mean tear down/dismantle the garrisons ?

Please be specific.

Have you seen Sistah 'P' constituency ?

Comment

... and the cow shall jump over the moon.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The greatest Human Rights violation that has taken place in the country was the introduction of THE GARRISON.

There is a irrefutable truth about GARRISONS as far as its introduction into Jamaica is concerned - Built by Labour!

GARRISONS led directly to the introduction of the GUN CULTURE!

Both JLP and PNP are condemn by unwillingness to eliminate the scourge of the GARRISON! ...but, its concept, creation and introduction - Built by Labour!

Where is this irrefutable truth you moron? You are just mindlessly repeating what you have been told, like the unthinking minion that you are in your latest genuflection to your sociopathic God.

I have equally "irrefutable" proof that the garrison was a creation of Tony Spaulding. Disprove that nuh you full of irrelevant arguments twit.

What is really irrefutable is that the Manley led govt. of the 70s enacted the most insidiously evil bit of legislation in the history of Jamaica since slavery. The suppression of crimes act legislated human rights abuses in this country. The suppression of crimes act did more harm to the upward mobility and the pride of a people than ANYTHING since slavery and your sociopath of a hero was DIRECTLY responsible for it you dim witted dummy.

But you can't see that because you don't know who is more foolish, the fool(Manley) or the one who follows him (that would be you you duppy).

Don't try and buss yuh brain trying to figure out that last statement.
              Last edited by Comment; May 31, 2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Wow. Star the man need to chill a little before posting. Calling man Duppy, moron and twit does not enhance your argument and might actually diminish it. As someone who frequently clashes with Karl I can understand your frustration but your point is being lost in the crudeness.

I am sure you also know your Tony Spaulding comment was wrong Tivoli was before Arnette and Eddie Seaga was in politics long before Tony Spaulding. I can assume you were stating that for effect.
                By the way could you state as shortly as possible what was in Suppression of Crimes Act.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                  Wow. Star the man need to chill a little before posting. Calling man Duppy, moron and twit does not enhance your argument and might actually diminish it. As someone who frequently clashes with Karl I can understand your frustration but your point is being lost in the crudeness.

I am sure you also know your Tony Spaulding comment was wrong Tivoli was before Arnette and Eddie Seaga was in politics long before Tony Spaulding. I can assume you were stating that for effect.
                  By the way could you state as shortly as possible what was in Suppression of Crimes Act.
                  As briefly as possible, the Suppression of Crime Act, was a state-of-emergency law enacted in 1974 which suspended warrant requirements and other procedures that protected Jamaicans rights.

Its antecedents were this “Prime Minister Michael Manley and Jamaica's Parliament finally had enough last March after four prominent businessmen were shot to death. Manley sponsored two new laws aimed at meting out "swift, sure and irreversible punishment" to anyone caught carrying a gun illegally. Under the Suppression of Crime Act, army troops cordon off areas of the 4,411-sq.-mi. island while police conduct intensive house-to-house searches without warrants. Anyone caught with an unlicensed gun or even a single bullet is tried under the provisions of a second law, the Gun Court Act. Under the terms of this draconian legislation, trials of gunmen are held in a special court, proceedings are closed to public and press, and there is no bail while the accused await trial. If convicted, prisoners are sentenced to indefinite detention at a specially designed rehabilitation prison.”

So despite what nut head Karl tells you, the FACT is that Manley indefinitely and illegally and diabolically suspended the rights of millions of poor black Jamaicans because four of Jamaica’s elite (two of them as white as the driven snow) were killed. They immediately decided that, like in South Africa, the masses had to be contained at any cost. And joker Karl comes here talking rubbish about social upliftment. How do you uplift a people by taking away their rights? Do you realize the kind of suffering and dislocation that this caused, and Karl is trying to defend it?

The man is a duppy, like his sociopathic hero.

And I am not wrong about Tony Spauldings, any more than Karl is not wrong about Eddie Seaga. The point is that it is a stupid and irrelevant and unverifiable arguement that is tipical of nit wits like Karl.

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
                    As briefly as possible, the Suppression of Crime Act, was a state-of-emergency law enacted in 1974 which suspended warrant requirements and other procedures that protected Jamaicans rights.

Its antecedents were this “Prime Minister Michael Manley and Jamaica's Parliament finally had enough last March after four prominent businessmen were shot to death. Manley sponsored two new laws aimed at meting out "swift, sure and irreversible punishment" to anyone caught carrying a gun illegally. Under the Suppression of Crime Act, army troops cordon off areas of the 4,411-sq.-mi. island while police conduct intensive house-to-house searches without warrants. Anyone caught with an unlicensed gun or even a single bullet is tried under the provisions of a second law, the Gun Court Act. Under the terms of this draconian legislation, trials of gunmen are held in a special court, proceedings are closed to public and press, and there is no bail while the accused await trial. If convicted, prisoners are sentenced to indefinite detention at a specially designed rehabilitation prison.”

So despite what nut head Karl tells you, the FACT is that Manley indefinitely and illegally and diabolically suspended the rights of millions of poor black Jamaicans because four of Jamaica’s elite (two of them as white as the driven snow) were killed. They immediately decided that, like in South Africa, the masses had to be contained at any cost. And joker Karl comes here talking rubbish about social upliftment. How do you uplift a people by taking away their rights? Do you realize the kind of suffering and dislocation that this caused, and Karl is trying to defend it?

The man is a duppy, like his sociopathic hero.

And I am not wrong about Tony Spauldings, any more than Karl is not wrong about Eddie Seaga. The point is that it is a stupid and irrelevant and unverifiable arguement that is tipical of nit wits like Karl.
                    Yeah but at least Manley did not ban any books !

So yuh can gwaan chat bout warrant. Banning books by Shearer was the most despicable act every perpetrated by a sitting Prime Minister in Jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                    X