Faiths Pen Rest Stop..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faiths Pen Rest Stop..

Will they move it to align with the highway?

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
    Will they move it to align with the highway?
    I believe Faith's Pen is already close to the new highway. I think an exit ramp off the new highway to Faith's Pen would suffice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeah right...

Comment

I am not sure Faiths Pen is still worth saving anyway. Standard gone way down, prices gone way up. I don't stop there anymore.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

neither me...

Comment

You took the words out of my mouth... last time I stopped there (five years ago), it was with my entire family, all six of us. Dem rush de van and sekkle roun wi like fly pon ____ . It wasn't pretty and my poor children, who not used to that were overwhelmed... Anyway, the prices were ridiculous! The food we bought was good though, how you can spoil roast yam?
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              It wasn't pretty and my poor children, who not used to that were overwhelmed...
              mine yuh a grow the pickney dem too soafy soafy enuh

Comment

I disagree with unnu. I-man I will take you to task about your own experience and your posting a few days ago.

Faith's Pen is a commercial spot that encourage entrepreneurship, where you can buy from regular vendor and any Hiway that was been planned should have included an "upgraded faiths Pen with signs where people can clearly see as a rest stop, and is an opportunity for government to collect taxes. Shouldn't be discarded and treated lightly. I haven't stop there in a while but everytime I passed it was always full.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is a good argument from an economic standpoint.

Yes an upgraded and re-organized Faiths Pen would make a lot of sense.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Of course! Can't box food outta di people dem mouth. Mek dem do it demself if dem don't check dem prices.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

those vendors don't pay taxes...you don't need to stop anymore...by the time yuh quint yuh in ochie...

Comment

Stopping at Faith's Pen is a must......even though I've bypassed those fvking vultures on many occasions. I mean, how many times can you stir a pot of stale greasy ackee n saltfish trying to pass it off as freshly cooked? But the Faith's Pen vultures are no different from the Ochi vultures or the family vultures who demand that you spend some of your "freely" earned money with them.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

last time mi check there was no foreign investors there. I know some of those vendors make more than teachers and police and if them ketch you wid the taste, them can double that. The drive was never that long but the smell a di food use to hold we.

It is up to the government to collect a reasonable amount of tax while providing a clean environment and a little security.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                          X