Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thug Life

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...671984&fref=nf
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Good Post, Jangle!

Many times this “thug life” persona is based on appearances derived from following the fads celebrated by one’s peers.

I hope this obviously brilliant young man chooses pre-med (lol). But seriously, this kid approaches genius quality! In fact, whenever I see the fortunate ones like him, I cast my mind back to the very smart teens who, for one reason or another, will never realize whatever dreams they have.

Of course, he should fully understand why he “has been judged and overlooked by his appearance.” Hopefully he will not be in the wrong place at the wrong time with his hoodie, shoes and swagger.

Luck has also played a minor role, as seen in the party he chose to skip. I notice that his mother is a principal and so she, no doubt, plays an integral part in his life.

Truly outstanding teen with a bright future!! I really hope he makes it!

Comment

Of course, he should fully understand why he “has been judged and overlooked by his appearance.”
      Historian while I understand where you are coming from, I really don't see anything thuggish about this youths appearance or demeanor. He expresses himself well , shows no overly aggressive attitude, and dresses fairly conventionally for a teenager. He has dreadlocks, that's about it, which is not exactly radical these days.

However given where he is from and the reality that he is a young black male, he could certainly , as you suggest , be a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True Words

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Historian while I understand where you are coming from, I really don't see anything thuggish about this youths appearance or demeanor. He expresses himself well , shows no overly aggressive attitude, and dresses fairly conventionally for a teenager. He has dreadlocks, that's about it, which is not exactly radical these days.

However given where he is from and the reality that he is a young black male, he could certainly , as you suggest , be a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
        True words, I’man, and I see nothing thuggish about him as well. I was focusing, I guess, on the subject line of this thread (lol).

But I fully agree with everything you’ve said above.

Comment

Must agree with Islandman, didn't see anything thuggish with this fellow.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He is black, has locks and a Muslim name. Ergo, THUG! Or terrorist!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thuggerist. He checks off all the correct boxes on a job application to be denied an interview. It is just the reality of a black man living in America.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
              X