RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This pursuit of travelling to the stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This pursuit of travelling to the stars?

How NASA might build its very first warp drive

A few months ago, physicist Harold White stunned the aeronautics world when he announced that he and his team at NASA had begun work on the development of a faster-than-light warp drive. His proposed design, an ingenious re-imagining of an Alcubierre Drive, may eventually result in an engine that can transport a spacecraft to the nearest star in a matter of weeks — and all without violating Einstein's law of relativity. We contacted White at NASA and asked him to explain how this real life warp drive could actually work.

http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will...rst-warp-drive

-----------

http://spaceref.com/nasa-hack-space/...e-program.html
    Last edited by Karl; August 5, 2014, 06:20 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Okay, all this talk about robotics and warp drive in the same day is giving me a headache.

X, yuh have anyting fi migraine?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Interesting! Some other way of space travel as the way we are currently doing it is not practical. If we are to dominate the universe then we cannot be taking years, decades and longer to reach some destinations.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Interesting! Some other way of space travel as the way we are currently doing it is not practical. If we are to dominate the universe then we cannot be taking years, decades and longer to reach some destinations.
        suh yuh a tink waar areadi?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          suh yuh a tink waar areadi?
          I was not thinking war. I am thinking of the human race getting beyond our solar system and even further. My use of the word conquer is more like man finding new domains beyond earth and our solar system.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            How NASA might build its very first warp drive

A few months ago, physicist Harold White stunned the aeronautics world when he announced that he and his team at NASA had begun work on the development of a faster-than-light warp drive. His proposed design, an ingenious re-imagining of an Alcubierre Drive, may eventually result in an engine that can transport a spacecraft to the nearest star in a matter of weeks — and all without violating Einstein's law of relativity. We contacted White at NASA and asked him to explain how this real life warp drive could actually work.

http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will...rst-warp-drive

-----------

http://spaceref.com/nasa-hack-space/...e-program.html
            NASA??

Wi ave one app fi dat... coming soon so stand by
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

True, otherwise we will be restricted to exploring our solar system.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

We will not be getting outside of our solar system any time soon.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ganja tea..hehe
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

All unuh who believe in aliens and species from other planets, why don't you ask dem for the technology?
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

At the rate we are going I would be happy if we get a manned spacecraft to Mars in my lifetime. Looks unlikely unless we find some new energy source.

I remember reading a book on the space program and the writer said 500 years from now when historians look back and observe that we went to the moon in the second half of the 20th century, they may wonder why we didn't attempt to go any further for so long after that.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I am one who believes that we are not alone in this universe and there could be intelligent life elsewhere. You can call me crazy.

Comment

I too believe in aliens. Trillions of stars and galaxies and we are the only intelligent life forms?
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            I too believe in aliens. Trillions of stars and galaxies and we are the only intelligent life forms?
                            I guess you are like me who "nuh have no sense!".

It is mind boggling when you understand millions of planets out there beyond our solar system for us to be the only ones with life or intelligent life for that matter. I think it is only time before we come across other lifeforms on other planets. The limiting factor now though travelling within and beyond our solar system where these could be found.

Earth-Like Habitable Planets Surprisingly Common

Comment

The odds do suggest that there would something out there more than inorganic matter. I don't know if we earthlings will find them before we ourselves are extinct though, when you consider the vastness of space and time.

Comment

Working...
                              X