Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bata story!!!

http://longbench.wordpress.com/2008/...-the-bata-era/

Thanks, Stoni! Always wanted to know how to spell that word!

"Me n’e’eh know seh yuh go a Bata to!"

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh killing me now, no one back in day would ever admit to going to Bata so don't try that now. actually I remember some ugly 'crepes' sp not sure if that us how you spell it, and remember ongoing for a barrel to come from my grandmother in ny with some real pro ked sneakers, yeah farin mind if real.

Comment

Not talking Bata. Who couldn't spell Bata?!?

Talking about "n’e’eh".

Anyway, I know I had Bata stuff back in the day. Hey, I did not come from a wealthy family. Yeah, right deh inna di miggle a Cross Road!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Btw, I visited a Bata store when in Vietnam a couple years ago. The shoes looked better than what I remember, but they were still cheap, "made in China", leatherette stuff.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh, get it now, nice pick up, I read right through it like I see that expression in writing all the time.

Comment

any colour you wanted as long as it was brown or white!!!

my grandfather used to buy size 1 for all his grandchildren between 4-8 ... whether it squeeze or was too big!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The Bata store was smack in the middle of HWT. I remember owning a pair in my very young days. Wearing a pair of Bata bouncers would immediately label you as being poor. I remember seeing youngsters wearing the bouncers with the toes cut out when their feet got too big for the shoes. Luckily I never fell into this category.

Who remembers Travel Fox?
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  The Bata store was smack in the middle of HWT.
                  Let's settle this once and for all. I say the Bata store was in the middle of Cross Roads. Can't remember one being in HWT at all.

Who can confirm this?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i think there was one in HWT near where Ping's fabric is now located ... it was close to georgie girl shoes store if i recall correctly

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Can't talk to you and Jangle. Unnu too uptown. Unnu know weh Cross Roads deh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There was one in Annotto Bay and Port Maria.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mosiah, me bawn and grow a town. Yuh a kunchry man so hold yuh space.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh born and grow a uptown. Dat nuh count.

Mi used to walk from Dunrobin to Cross Roads to buy mi Bata shoes while yuh a wear Hush Puppies.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cho yuh naw seh nuttin to me. Me used to go a St. Aloysius Primary pon Duke street. When me move go "uptown", me did haffi walk from Downtown to Zadie Gardens one time when them did have big riot and bus stop run. Back inna dem days yuh tek bus as likkle pickney and yuh parents' no have no cell phone fe check pon yuh. Me nuh know if me could a have my pickney tek bus without cell phone in today's world.

Comment

Working...
                              X