X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk Away- dis is nat an argument unnu cyan win

THINGS JAMAICANS LOVE

Their Old High School

Fervet Opus in Campis. The Utmost for the Highest. Fortis. These are the mottos of three Jamaican, all-boys, High Schools. Said mottos are burned into the consciousnesses of each and every boy who ever graduated from these schools over the numerous decades of their existence. Questioned some forty years later, that same boy (now man) can likely recite the motto in English and Latin, say it backwards and forward and regale you with the lewd/bastardised versions of said motto.

The above is just a tiny example of the profound impact made by these schools on their graduates and no doubt partly explains the fanatical loyalty of male graduates of Jamaican High Schools including Wolmers, Kingston College, Jamaica College, Calabar, St. Georges, Munro and Cornwall College. Their graduates ("old boys") display a devotion that would inspire envy in many a religious cult.

Walk away. This is not an argument you can win.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

LoL.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      THINGS JAMAICANS LOVE

Their Old High School

Fervet Opus in Campis. The Utmost for the Highest. Fortis. These are the mottos of three Jamaican, all-boys, High Schools. Said mottos are burned into the consciousnesses of each and every boy who ever graduated from these schools over the numerous decades of their existence. Questioned some forty years later, that same boy (now man) can likely recite the motto in English and Latin, say it backwards and forward and regale you with the lewd/bastardised versions of said motto.

The above is just a tiny example of the profound impact made by these schools on their graduates and no doubt partly explains the fanatical loyalty of male graduates of Jamaican High Schools including Wolmers, Kingston College, Jamaica College, Calabar, St. Georges, Munro and Cornwall College. Their graduates ("old boys") display a devotion that would inspire envy in many a religious cult.

Walk away. This is not an argument you can win.
      End of argument!!!! HL I hope this answers ALL of your questions about good school. It's like arguing with a Jihadist. There is no way DonUno can convince me that JC is a better school than my CBar, nor can Baddaz step to me about KC, nor can Willi come tell me bout the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost, not to mention bout big head Mosiah bout Munroe, Tillamawning better hold him cawna bout him kunchry school STETHS, Maudib and Gamma better gimme some money outa them Campion vault, and X........Ardene.... .
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

One of the few good examples of institutionalization within Jamaican culture left by the English that will endure for a long time. Track and field and the love of sports is also a big part of our success there as well much as we would like to think it is an inherent thing.

Comment

Pan pint, baaass!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Its Ardenne , calabar nuh teach yuh how fi spell ..lol
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Read the book (champs) foreword and its interesting the colonial perception about its value, they argued it bred a militarilistic nature in the youths about service which served them well in recruiting the best Jamaicans for service in WW1 and 2.

Unnuh think it easy fi leggo dat, its ingrained ,it carried over into our competitive sports from school and everyday life.

Mention a man school and im prep up.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Its Ardenne
                Ardenne, thought it was Ardaine. I was just telling someone that my nephew passed GSAT for Ardaine and wondered is that was considered a "good school". The person said, "well, it can pass. It has certainly turned around from what it was years ago."

So what says thou X?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

lol
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What year you graduated Jangle?

Comment

I (just recently) became aware of the 'good school' connotation from reading some post on this forum [over the years]. That it is used as a distinguishing factor in a classist sense in the Jamaican Universe.

Silly at best if you ax mi. Just like the skin tone silliness in the Jamaican setting.

My last comment on this topic:
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Jangle never graduate , im just look pan di gate.

Comment

You are absolutely correct X. There was no graduation that year because it was canceled.

Comment

Very good,and such declarations are intended to strengthen a troubled argument.

Comment

The reason why I asked is I have many friends and family members that attended CBar,so I am curious as to if at least one was a school friend of yours.I would say 76 to 83,with 83 being the year the last crop graduated.Nothing still,cool Jangle.

Comment

Working...
                              X