Clear All

• Who like Windows 8?

Thanks.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

trash

Comment

Not for me!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've gotten used to it.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Windows 8 was created mainly to capture some of the cellphone market and tablet market.

Windows 8 platform is not used in businesses as it is not run legacy software and other stuff very well. Microsoft Window 7 wasn't good for small devices and Microsoft wanted make a dent in it. Maybe Windows 9 would be better. I try to keep away from Windows 8. If you are using Windows 8, you can download 8.1 to give you the start bar on your desktop.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes I purchased a laptop for an older relative recently and was a bit concerned about them using Windows 8, but it was 8.1 and they are comfortable with it.

We are fast moving into a post-PC era anyway, where home users are concerned. I use my laptop when I am doing work of some kind. I almost never use it for email, music, movies, social media or anything else like that.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The good thing about Windows 8 is you can use the same platform for PC, phone and tablet and have Office and other MS software without a problem. It cuts down the learning curve for users and they don't have to use different formats or converters.

I think going forward it won't be such a problem as with most of Microsoft stuff, the market entry is never normally great but they develop their product over time.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bought a new lap-top for myself as well as a replacement PC for rental for the business.

I am still getting used to the touch-screen-like apps.

Most customers are lost in navating this Windows 8. Good thing we have some young associates-- who this new Windows appear second nature--so they provide the necessary help.

Personally, i can see this is the basis for future applications, so I am gritting my teeth and try to learn it.

But many thanks for the 8.1 download suggestion. I will get it done today!

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Bought a new lap-top for myself as well as a replacement PC for rental for the business.

I am still getting used to the touch-screen-like apps.

Most customers are lost in navating this Windows 8. Good thing we have some young associates-- who this new Windows appear second nature--so they provide the necessary help.

Personally, i can see this is the basis for future applications, so I am gritting my teeth and try to learn it.

But many thanks for the 8.1 download suggestion. I will get it done today!
                  ....navigating...

kiss-teet....I correct this because of Moisah.

HL

Comment

check out Moisah. Having a ruff day HL or Mo getting to you. LOL

Comment

Thanks Sass. I will have to download 8.1 because I hate Windows 8.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Who is "Moisah" ??
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X