No announcement yet.

Fake Clarks shoemakers, what a waste!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago I went to Waterhouse with my father and we were talking to a tailor and he told me that things ruff and only way he could survive is to get some name brand clothes and then do his own and then exhibit them in the market. He said if it was plainly his own stuff most of the consumers would pay no attention.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
      ...and what the hell is all this hype about Clark anyway?
      You wouldn't understand MdmeX, as you are not a "bad man".

Remember the song from the 70s with the lyrics that went: "Natty jump in 'im stripes and 'im Clarks and 'im Arrow, 'im nuh borrow, dread nuh 'borrow..."

A lot of the songs back in those days were singing about wearing Clarks, that most Jamaican males bought into it as the thing to wear. One would get a lot of attention and "respect" if they were seen wearing a pair of Clarks back then.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks Tilla for the info. Can't recall that song.

..and from experience no one in my immediate family (men) give a hoot about Clarks!!
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

..and from experience no one in my immediate family (men) give a hoot about Clarks!!
            Clarks are not all that Jamaicans make them out to be. It just became popularized by the music and bad man culture.

Comment

dem last long!!! mi can attest to dat!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Clarks were some of the ugliest shoes ever made. I could never understand Jamaicans love for them.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

because dem "tanponilong" .. they have all kinds of shoes. i have a couple nice looking shoes that I wear for work. got them in england many years ago (about 8-10) and they still look good and have held up well.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Went to a Clarks store a few years ago in London and couldn't find any of the styles Jamaicans like. A store clerk told me a Jamaican had passed through earlier that week and bought all of them. I had to make do with a non-Jamaican style which still did tek life when I wore it back a yard.

I actually love the brand and have always had at least one pair for as long as I can remember. However, if I'm going to be walking a lot, Clarks are not the most comfortable shoes for me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

However, if I'm going to be walking a lot, Clarks are not the most comfortable shoes for me.
                      You are right on that!
                      I have Clarks too and have found that they are not the most comfortable for walking. Well, except for casuals like the Desert Boot.

The Desert Boot was a classic when I lived in Jamaica. I am not sure about now. Look at it at the link here: Desert Boot

Comment

mi never have a clarks weh uncomfortable yet

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
                          mi never have a clarks weh uncomfortable yet
                          Comfortable is relative. If you are comparing a Clarks to a Bata (remember them ) shoes now, then Clarks would be more comfortable. To other better brands however. . .

Comment

batta comfortable but it only last two week lol

Comment

The "desert boot" is my favourite... both my sons swear by Clarks; they have desert boots and wallabees... and they bought me wallabees for my Christmas gift about three years ago... shoes can't mash up or wear out! http://www.clarks.co.uk/c/originals-mens/wallabees
                              Peter R

Comment

I wore Wallabies back in the day too when I was in high school. It was really popular then.
                                The whole thing about Clarks can't wear out or mash up, I don"t know about that. I remember I had one before I left Jamaica and came to the US and it just developed a burst right across the bottom. I remember telling myself that they dont make them like they used to.

I am wondering what happened to my Desert Boots though. I can't recall tearing it up or giving it away, but it is not among my shoe collection anymore. Anyway, I could have given it to Goodwill, as I have a policy that any clothes or shoes I do not wear in 2 to 3 year period, I donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army to help others.

Comment

Working...
                                X