Jangle, Chronixx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangle, Chronixx

Thank you for the submission below on this new reggae artist.

The smile Jamaica song was well received. Over 2 millions hits on YouTube is outstanding!

I would guess that several factors including delivery and overall clarity had made this song a success. It is songs like this that will market well beyond the Jamaican universe. I would download this on my ipod. Others are not my taste.

His counterpart Magic (on the other hand) has over 43 million hits. Same genre...likely same market....>>>>>

Maybe Chronixx would do well with a non-Jamaican manager/agent?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I going to make a convert of you yet. Take a listen to these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiO0seCuj-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqFmXZ8tOE
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hmmmm. Nice!

'specially like the creativeness in the second video. It's easy on the eyes and ears.

The first song was good too. Like the ska beat.

Hope he surrounds himself with forward thinking management personnel. Folks who understand how to maximize his shelf-life.

It's called entertainment business:

The business part means making money...and lots of it.

HL

Comment

Re: Jangle, Chronixx

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Thank you for the submission below on this new reggae artist.

The smile Jamaica song was well received. Over 2 millions hits on YouTube is outstanding!

HL, I can assure you that I was the first person on this forum to post a YouTube link for Chronixx’s “Smile Jamaica” (the official version). I’m sure TDowl will recall this, as he made a positive comment on this awesome recording.

If you read that post (I could be wrong, but I think Islandman may have started the thread), you may no doubt recall that I did a minor bit of summary, even commenting on Chronixx’s clever use of extended metaphor throughout the song.

Comment

Maybe Chronixx would do well with a non-Jamaican manager/agent?
          I know you are mostly trying to raise some peoples blood pressure with this statement HL

Anyway, I've been talking to some well meaning people in the know since I have been in JA and I have to say that some of them share some of Bricktops views on both Tessanne and Chronixx. Not the over-the-top comments of course, but the sensible parts like where Tessanne went wrong with her plans after The Voice, and some concerns about who Chronixx will have directing his career if he really wants to have his best shot at going to the next level.

It is always good to listen to dissenting opinions even if we ultimately dismiss them. There is often something to learn anyway. I find that we Jamaicans are not good at this, we think if someone does not follow the prevailing viewpoint then they must have some hidden agenda.
          Last edited by Islandman; July 27, 2014, 10:02 AM.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Hmmmm. Nice!

'specially like the creativeness in the second video. It's easy on the eyes and ears.

The first song was good too. Like the ska beat.

Hope he surrounds himself with forward thinking management personnel. Folks who understand how to maximize his shelf-life.

It's called entertainment business:

The business part means making money...and lots of it.
            Islandman:

Jangle introduced me to the song you posted for Tilla and I to review. Note my comment in red about it.

It's such a sad state-- when folks who attended 'good school' consider making a 'comfortable living and support ones family is the desired standard.

HL

Comment

Working...
            X