No announcement yet.

How Chronixx Will be Sold to the Suburbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my favorite Bmw is pre 72 stuff as a matter of a fact just based on sound, vibe and arrangement I cannot find four better than small axe, duppy conqueror, sun is shining and soul rebel, I play any of those four and my day is transformed.

Seriously though IMan we need to give this Chronixx youth a wicked break and don't mention him in the same sentence with Bob or Peter it is not even close to fair. We just not even talking the same thing, this youth is a nice reggae pop singer with a nice talent for putting together market ready songs.

Comment

Haven't heard anybody here comparing him to Bob still. What we have done is use Bob's early career as a measurement of where he is.

That said, I think the youth is much more than a "nice reggae pop singer" and has the potential to be very special. Nothing is guaranteed in this industry but I will say without apology that I cannot name 5 Jamaican singer-songwriters who at 22 were ahead of where Chronixx is now in terms of the quality of his music. That to me makes him worthy of mention whether he becomes everything he can be or not.

Similarly even if Tessanne never sells another record , I have heard enough for me to consider her the best female voice I have heard coming out of Jamaica.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Iman you should hear her sister Tami who I think is even better than her.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I have heard some Tami not a lot. She is very good but I have not heard her stretched the way Tessanne was with some of her selections on the Voice to really compare fairly .

That's one of the things about Tessanne's album that has got some criticism, there are some good songs but nothing that any decent singer couldn't handle. There is no "take your breath away" vocal performance on the album and that is a pity.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Tami does not have the range, I don't think. She is more the pop singer.

The trouble with Tessanne's album is the songs are just not that good! To me, she demonstrates her vocal abilities quite well, but she needs better chunes.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True dat, true dat!!

Comment

yeah Tami don't have the range like Tess. Can't say she is the best I have heard out of Jamaica but "One of the Best".

I have to listen to this album but sometimes you wonder who in the studio and what they are thinking.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X