RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reporter stopped by TSA agent who didn't know D.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporter stopped by TSA agent who didn't know D.C.

Reporter stopped by TSA agent who didn't know District of Columbia is in US

ORLANDO, Fla. —

It's something most students learn in elementary school -- the United States is made up of 50 states and the District of Columbia. But Channel 9's Justin Gray found out it's a lesson that an Orlando agent with the Transportation Safety Administration seems to have missed.

Gray, who lives in Washington, D.C., was flying out of Orlando International Airport when a TSA agent said Gray's District of Columbia driver's license wasn't a valid form of identification. Gray said his license is legal and up-to-date, but the TSA agent didn't seem to know what the District of Columbia was when Gray arrived at the security checkpoint over the weekend.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/or...fresher/ngfmH/

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Yuh know, I blame those Forumites who continue to be less than careful when writing about the country of Colombia. It's obvious the TSA representative is a reader of this forum and after years of seeing the mangled spelling of the country's name was only being prudent when he asked for the man's passport.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In one of my Travel and Tourism class in college, we were given the map of America and for people to name the states.

some didn't even recognize 1 state. It was pretty embarrassing for most.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        In one of my Travel and Tourism class in college, we were given the map of America and for people to name the states.

some didn't even recognize 1 state. It was pretty embarrassing for most.
        Yes

Americans are mostly ignorant re their own country's geography, history etc
        .... and positively dumb re foreign affairs

The effects of being trapped in the Media Matrix are calamitous
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Okay,I have made that mistake once before.
          Columbia isn't like other States though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            Okay,I have made that mistake once before.
            Columbia isn't like other States though.
            It DEFINITELY isn't

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Thanks for this post.

In our business, we are required to ask for drivers' license as (one) positive ID for shipment or mailbox rental.

Took the opporunity [after reading your post] to cross train the associates in recognizing the DC license.

Good thing I did. One associate --was seeing the DC license for the first time.

Must admit though, it's unusual...and requires the basic knowledge what DC stands for...
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Reporter stopped by TSA agent who didn't know District of Columbia is in US

ORLANDO, Fla. —

It's something most students learn in elementary school -- the United States is made up of 50 states and the District of Columbia. But Channel 9's Justin Gray found out it's a lesson that an Orlando agent with the Transportation Safety Administration seems to have missed.

Gray, who lives in Washington, D.C., was flying out of Orlando International Airport when a TSA agent said Gray's District of Columbia driver's license wasn't a valid form of identification. Gray said his license is legal and up-to-date, but the TSA agent didn't seem to know what the District of Columbia was when Gray arrived at the security checkpoint over the weekend.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/or...fresher/ngfmH/
                The TSA man may be 'uneducated and uninformed' but he was applying his common sense DC is not a state. They should not be issuing driver's license (and license plates and should not have a national guard etc.) You go Mr TSA man, ask him for his Columbian passport LMAO
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Nice but do know is still a 'State' albeit not belonging to a group of States

Comment

District of Columbia, is that the university Ghetto in NYC? LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      Nice but do know is still a 'State' albeit not belonging to a group of States
                      Is that Colombia or Columbia??

Comment

Vatican and London financial center!
                        Colombia isn't strategically located,Columbia is though.

Comment

Working...
                        X