RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE AGENDA AT WAR WITH ITSELF and JAMAICANS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE AGENDA AT WAR WITH ITSELF and JAMAICANS !

JFJ Split Widens - Long-Time Members Demand Extraordinary Meeting As Human-Rights Group Seems Set To Implode
    Published: Sunday | July 13, 2014 0 Comments
    In happier times are (from left) JFJ stalwarts Dr Carolyn Gomes, Lisa Lakhan-Chen, and Susan Goffe - File.
    In happier times are (from left) JFJ stalwarts Dr Carolyn Gomes, Lisa Lakhan-Chen, and Susan Goffe - File.
    Ryon Jones, Staff Reporter

Recently appointed executive director of Jamaicans For Justice (JFJ), Kay Osborne, and other members in the leadership of the human-rights group seem set to being kicked out as the bickering in the organisation intensifies.

With the long-time faces of JFJ, Dr Carolyn Gomes and Susan Goffe among four persons who have walked away from its board recently, indications are that a bitter battle is brewing between the 'old guard' and newer members of the 15-year-old internationally acclaimed body.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead4.html

Police hunt gay murder suspect
    BY KARYL WALKER Editor — Crime/Court Desk walkerk@jamaicaobserver.com

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Print this page Email A Friend!

The Shoemaker Gully in New Kingston which homosexual men have turned into their home.

THE St Andrew Central police have intensified their search for a homosexual man known to frequent the Shoemaker Gully at Trafalgar Road in New Kingston in relation to the murder of a man in May.

The fugitive has been identified as Jevaughn Francis, also called ‘Pebbles’.

Police said that in the early hours of Sunday May 18 this year, a man was using his cellular phone while walking by the spot, now called the ‘Gay Bridge’, when he was attacked and dragged into the gully and stabbed repeatedly after he resisted being robbed.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...murder-suspect
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Thou dost protest too much...

Comment

renewal every so often is good.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Re: JFJ

Personally, I wouldn’t celebrate any demise of JFJ. Trust me, in a country that is given to excesses like Jamaica is, and where human life is so undervalued, human rights groups ARE important. Very important!!

Comment

Goffe keeps alluding to redefining changes to the JFJ,and nobody is asking for specifics.
          Please wake me up when the focus is on procurement of funding before Osborne became executive director.

Comment

Working...
          X