Russian society is racing into the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian society is racing into the Past

Russia takes aim at dissent, media criticism ... and high heels?
    Editors' Picks

4 Free Issues

Email
    More

Russia's parliament has been in overdrive in recent weeks, working on legislation targeting free speech, women's heels, and the use of foreign words like 'hamburger.'

By Fred Weir, Correspondent July 10, 2014

• Participants in a high-heels race sprint in downtown Moscow in July 2012.

Misha Japaridze/AP/File
      View Caption

Moscow — "Rubber stamps gone wild!"
    That is a loose translation of the jibe going around about Russia's hyperactive parliamentarians, who have been introducing new legislation faster than anyone can read it. Last week, before leaving on summer recess, the State Duma reportedly passed 60 new laws in just four hours.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europ...and-high-heels
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Hope this continues...
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

.....and this is the country hosting the 2018 World Cup? KMT ....
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Don't expect to receive any daily reports from me on the Russia World Cup! I have no plans to be there.

Of course, this could change if Jamaica qualifies!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Don't expect to receive any daily reports from me on the Russia World Cup! I have no plans to be there.

Oh rasssss

Mi did ah look forward tuh yuh gripping account of yuh trek thru di Siberian wilderness tuh di North Pole, survivin' frostbite, polar bears an' touch caviar!

Shucks!!!
          Last edited by Don1; July 12, 2014, 11:29 AM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

I wouldn't recommend it. For Euro 2012 the black English players asked their families not to go to the tournament. Based on reports of what Samba and Roberto Carlos encountered, it is fair to conclude that Russia is even worse.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              Oh rasssss

Mi did ah look forward tuh yuh gripping account of yuh trek thru di Siberian wilderness tuh di North Pole, survivin' frostbite, polar bears an' touch caviar!

Shucks!!!

Hmmm...you had me going until you mentioned the possibility of frostbite. I had enough of that in Joburg!

No thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X