• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Move Minister McNeil

TEF to provide interest-free loans for small hotels

BY AINSWORTH MORRIS Observer writer editorial@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 5 Comments

Tourism Minister Wykeham McNeill addressing the awards ceremony for the Jamaica Environment Trust’s Environmental Action Awards and the Schools’ Environment Programme, at the Knutsford Court Hotel in New Kingston, recently.

"We are helping players in the sector to embrace environmentally-friendly practices, for instance, energy conservation and reducing electricity use through the establishment of the Energy Efficient Loan Programme for small-and-medium-sized properties, which will be launched soon," McNeill said.
    "All of this will be funded by the Tourism Enhancement Fund. We are going to go through the details of it in a week or two. It will be a revolving loan scheme targeting small to medium hotels. We will look at their energy efficiency and their savings and how we can give them loans to be more efficient," he added.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...otels_17108942
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

"Better to be late ...than never........".

Energy initiative like these should be in place years ago.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Think it should be a 2 percent interest rate to make them nuh think a free money and get back a little something but very good move.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X