No announcement yet.

It All Comes Tumbling Down For Tessanne Chin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst debut by a voice winner by quite a wide margin...

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2014/...-voice-winner/

Comment

Yuhseeit, ah ongle Vybes Kartel mi hear him advocate fah, ah wondah ah wah suh special bout di pale one, everybody else a peer criticism.

Comment

yuh sound hurt...brazil fan?

Comment

While the number does not speak positively about the season five winner, it also likely has rooting in label Republic’s limp marketing effort. That effort scored Tessanne little in the way of press or promotional platforms, which was also the first winners’ album since Colon’s “Come Through for You” to ship while NBC’s “The Voice” was on hiatus.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

the singles flopped...nobody is going to throw money at a flop...hence the lack of promotion...i am sure more than 6500 people watch the voice and knew she had an album coming out...

Comment

In the end I think it comes down to this....the Jamaican diaspora was the core of Tessanne's fan base on The Voice, and the Jamaican diaspora does not buy music. If they did this album would have done a lot better on debut.

I thought it was always going to be tricky and something of a gamble when deciding what kind of artiste to market her as.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True but the marketing was poor and that is on the label. Where else do you see anything about her Album but some piece article in the Gleaner and Observer. Where is her public relation team and that of the label.

How can you release the Album and it is not available to fans in Canada, England etc? The tune needed to be flooded to top DJs and she should have been doing interviews for the release on American Radio stations. You nuh hear her on any station. Fact is VP record would have done a better job of promoting than this label has done so far.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I disagree. In today's market, a single or an artiste has to be heavily promoted to become a hit. I am not an expert on record deals, but I remember the story about TLC and how they had mega hits and ended up broke. When they interviewed Pebbles, who was their manager, she broke down the contract which had a big percentage going into promotion. The artiste sometimes choose a bigger payout on their contracts leaving little in it for promotion. The Voice contracts are not geared towards making the winners into stars. The Voice is about the judges who get more airtime than the contestants. The Voice promotes the judges careers. Bricky is right to an extent, Tessanne needs to set up shop in the US and get her team right. She needs to be doing radio interviews left right and center. It's a grind that big artiste like Beyoncé did and is still doing.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, all that was known about The Voice going in.

I don't disagree about the promotion being weak but for some reason a decision was made by her team that they would go a certain way, I assume (don't know) partly based on the type of music that was on the album and as we can see it did not work out. I am also no expert on music promotion so I can't don't know all the reasons they went the way the did. Sometimes there are reasons we are not aware of, we have to remember that.

Would it have worked better going a different way? In hindsight it does look that way. Funny thing about hindsight, they say it has 20-20 vision. I maintain it was always going to be tricky though, she is not a typical mainstream artiste by any means.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The Voice gave her a platform...the team she put together (separate from the record label) let her down...she should have used it to build her brand and then renegotiate her deal...

Comment

Before you join Brickie,

Is the contract she signed a record deal which includes a promotion, so her hand maybe tied.

Going to Jamaica. She had to complete an Album in 3-4 months and she needed time to work on it and to get her creative juice going and re-coop for the voice tour. Where is better and she has good world class facilities to work with in Portland, Kingston and Miami.

The Album was a rush and it seems like the Voice wanted it out for their tour which is currently in progress. In other words, this is where the voice makes some good money "the tour".

Her current management maybe less of an issue as her hands maybe somewhat tied.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

how can you renegotiate the deal? you losing it to rhatid. Those deals are iron clad from the minute you decide to participate, only thing you can do it wait it out.

Comment

Yep. Even the American Idol winners have had big problems with their contracts. I believe I remember reading that Clay Aiken took them to court and got out of his.

When winning those competitions are just a dream people tend to want to sign anything and they know this.

Comment

settle down...artists renegotiate deals all the time...but you can't come to the table with nothing...which is what tessanne is doing...she should have built her brand when she had the chance...she blew it...and now idiot boy is talking bout having kids...

Comment

Tell me one of those artists that renegotiated their contract with one of those reality stars. Most major label is not into renegotiation unless they are in a corner. You sing a contract and in 6 months time you want renegotiate.

You sound like some people who a talk bout "renegotiate" IMF contract a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X