RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDowl, do you remember a bread called ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Why is it surprising?

Some of the best Jamaican baked product is on White Plains Rd in the Bronx. between Champion and Kingston Bakery.

Champion bread is good! There was a bakery in Toronto that was superb, can't remember the name.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Karl - yuh nuh send the shipment of naseberry yet? Put that in the memory bank!
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

all this talk is forcing me to guh patronise the captain by buying a 5lb bread! cho man!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Many of the Latin grocers in Florida sell a product that is almost identical in appearance and taste to Regal.
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Yes. I seen and tried it.

It's OK.

I thought you (of all persons) would know the original Gratto; a biscut-like flakey (on the inside) sour-dough type bread.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Brother, I said I knew gratto well! I also knoew th old tune, "man of sorrow, bread and gratto..."
              "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

NO bread for you, just go fishing -- go ketch some sea bass
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                  I have a lot of family in Eastern Jamaica. From my childhood days, I remember them speaking fondly of gratto, bassanova and other specialty bread. There were numerous popular bakeries all around Portland and St Thomas. For numerous decades there were informal competitions among them. The older ones of you may have heard this expression and the follow up question: "Buff Bay Baker Boys Bake Bad Butter Bread.....How many B's are in that?"

By the way, since the 60's, I have enjoyed many different types of bread products, include gratto, all over Jamaica.
                  Just read your comment above.

I knew you knew....
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

i had a sandwich last night, captains bread and butterfish ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X