Time for radical ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    Thinking about this some more, I have decided that your funding soloution is not really feasible. For one, the exchange of technical expertise only addresses a very small part of what would be required to run the program. Think about it. I just do not feel like going into the obvious expenses which what your suggestion would not cover. The problem is, how would we cover the shortfall? And don't come with you put forward proposals and others have to find ways to see them through.
    I profoundly disagree. The technical component is far from being "small"..
    It is critical, indispensable and expensive. Remind me what just one individual, Simoes, cost the program? Brazil could conceivably send a dozen or more trainers to support youth development if they wished.

When Karl posted in response to your financial query merely that "we should get private sector sponsorship".... you waxed lyrical about that brilliant plan and you were thrilled that someone finally had the cojones to offer a solution
    Woooiiieee mi gonads!!!!

So you wish to hold me to a higher standard? No worries.... How about a line item budget projected over 5 years annotated with bankable funding sources backed by LOCs?

Or maybe to save my & your time I could just say: "Get private sector sponsorship"
    Last edited by Don1; July 9, 2014, 08:08 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Really, Willi?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So you wish to hold me to a higher standard? No worries.... How about a line item budget projected over 5 years annotated with bankable funding sources backed by LOCs?
        Hey, maybe I have reasons to hold your input to a higher standard!

Joke aside, you have good ideas, but I just cannot get past the funding, which I see as the main obstacle.

Would LOCs be easy to come by? I hardly think so, unless we get government involvement and seek funds outside Jamaica. FIFA have strict rules however which restrict government involvement in the running of national federations. I am therefore not sure just how much government intervention would be tolerated.

Another thing, to secure LOC, the JFF would need to have sizable assets to use as collateral. Apart from their office building, what other assets do they own? What are the sources of income of the JFF to ensure they could service these LOCs over time?

Or maybe to save my & your time I could just say: "Get private sector sponsorship"
        I already made the point that getting private sponsorship is most difficult to do in Jamaica, as sponsors take a wait and see attitude. They will only jump on the bandwagon if there is sure sign of success in the program. So we are back to the chicken and egg situation...
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

U think Nicaragua have problems to raise the USD$40b to build a competing Canal to Panama?
          Willi, let us compare apples with apples. Obviously you can appreciate the potential earning power of a competing canal to the Panama Canal by Nicaragua, and therefore financial institutions will be more willing to listen and provide funding to such a program. Comparing that case to a JFF's program which has no money, virtually no liquid or frozen assets, no sure source of income to service loans etc, etc. Two totally different cases altogether that I am surprised that Jawges man like you would draw such a comparison.

I am going to ask again. What are you smoking in that pipe of yours?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

ok boss... i surrenda tuh dem logics deh
            I will have to borrow the words of my 9 year old nephew. ""I cannot argue with that logic".

Comment

I already made the point that getting private sponsorship is most difficult to do in Jamaica, as sponsors take a wait and see attitude. They will only jump on the bandwagon if there is sure sign of success in the program. So we are back to the chicken and egg situation...

I don't agree with you here. They did jump onto the Road to France bandwagon. The funding can come once sponsors see some concrete executable plans from the JFF.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I don't agree with you here. They did jump onto the Road to France bandwagon. The funding can come once sponsors see some concrete executable plans from the JFF.
                OK, fair enough, they supported Road to France 1998.

Have they shown that they will willingly support in the years following that? Or let me guess. Nothing has happened since the 1998 campaign to let sponsors want to come on board.

Comment

Sponsor going to give a little and watch. As stated concrete plans are needed. Look at Digicel gave a little to NPL and see that it was a waste of their time, took the money and doing grassroot programs instead.

Maybe if this Franchise thing is properly promoted and executed, these companies or individuals would think about investing. Football fraternity don't have a plan other than reaching out to the about 70,000 hard core fans in Jamaica and some Donmanship clubs. While ISSA only real interest is to get crowd and satisfy a few old boys associations. Keep the debate going "who is the better school".
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok boss but.... I wasn't serious about letters of credit
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

JFF? Where yuh see me talking bout football here?

Comment

Yup!

Comment

ahm.. you hexpec a nation that cannot even think INSIDE the box to think OUTSIDE the box ?

There is a saying.. "It is what it is.."

Unnuh nuh respek the Brain Drain record that Jamaica owns... combine that with the xenophobia exhibited to those that escape and.. Wallah !

Comment

OK, fair enough, they supported Road to France 1998.

Have they shown that they will willingly support in the years following that? Or let me guess. Nothing has happened since the 1998 campaign to let sponsors want to come on board.
                            Well you answered your own question.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                            X