• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gomes Bows....Its my fault

It’s my fault
    Gomes says JFJ board didn’t approve content of sex-ed programme

Friday, July 04, 2014

Print this page Email A Friend!

GOMES… comfortable that the content provides accurate and globally accepted information about sexual and reproductive health and rights

THE content of the controversial sex education programme implemented by Jamaicans For Justice (JFJ) in six privately run children’s homes did not get approval from the human rights organisation’s board.

That admission was made by Dr Carolyn Gomes in her resignation letter as a board member, a copy of which was obtained by the Jamaica Observer. Gomes, in her June 17 letter to JFJ chair Lisa Lakhan-Chen, took responsibility for the development of the project and the beginning of the implementation process, which, she said, occurred in the period October 2013 to December 2013 before she demitted office as executive director of the organisation.

“The project continued after I left, but at no time while I was [in] office did the specific content of the programme get board approval. For this I take full responsibility,” Gomes said in her letter.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/It-s-my-fault
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Bows? What new information do we have here?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gomes tosses the salad or confuses the script.

I was not at JFJ when the anal sex content was developed, says Gomes
      Friday, July 04, 2014 | 10:43 AM

The following is a response from former Executive Director of Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ) Dr Carolyn Gomes to a story published in today’s Observer headlined ‘It’s my fault’.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...ed--says-Gomes
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
      X