Local churches vow to prevent homosexuality from dominating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local churches vow to prevent homosexuality from dominating

Pastor Michelle Smith, who had been a lesbian for 26 years, told the crowd that there is nothing good about the gay lifestyle and that it is a demonic movement

Smith said she became a lesbian after she was molested at age nine by a girl, raped at 13 and again at 19 by her sister's husband, but God delivered her.

"I am here to tell you the truth about the gay lifestyle. There is nothing gay about it because it is a dead-end lifestyle, and J-Flag (The Jamaica Forum of Lesbians, All-Sexuals and Gays), you need to talk the truth and I need to raise the awareness because out of me came 40 demons," she said.

"Most of the people that I roll with in the gay community contracted AIDS and died in public hospital. Where was the gay community then?" she asked.

She also rubbished claims that individuals are born homosexuals, noting that it is a behaviour that is learnt and is caused by some dysfunction in an individual's life.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ciety_17061709
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Ah doan know miself ah wha good bout it neighdah, but anyting bull buck seh wi follah, every Tom, Dick (watch yah him forwod again, cyaan get rid ah him e) an Harry.

Comment

Oh, How I Wish....

My only comment is this: I sincerely wish that similar enthusiasm had been shown over the years, by the church and its membership, to the crucial issues of crime (including the wanton murder and rape of children, teens and women) and political corruption! Looking at any international (per-capita) standard, we clearly are among the leaders in homicide for peacetime societies, but not even this -- not even the horrific murders of their members! -- could have pulled/pushed the church to the forefront of organized rebellion for change!

Can you imagine how much better off -- possibly -- Jamaican society would have been today if sustained, organized action had been taken by the obviously powerful church against these two issues of violent crime and political corruption?

Comment

It is much easier to get Jamaicans riled up about homosexuality. It is a very high priority issue for us.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

really? or too many are active participant in the corruption?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, if they are so many of us active in the corruption and crime that nobody wants to do anything about it, then.......it makes perfect sense that we prefer to spend time and energy bunning b@ttyman instead.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The church should compromise its beliefs(homosexual soul saving pastors)?
              There are bad people in the congregations as you would expect to find the unhealthy in hospitals,but would you prefer if the gunman had a bible instead of a gun?
              Yeah Christianity is tarnished by a violent history and that will continue but addressing one evil whilst ignoring countless is still being right on one.
              Last edited by Rockman; July 3, 2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Some may not be active but passive participants so people who should speak out doesn't.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The church should do whatever it thinks is good for the church. These days that seems to more about increasing the collection plate intake than anything else, so it certainly makes good business sense to go after the "moral" issue that will get people excited. I mean who really wants to rally and march against fornication, teenage pregnancy, corruption, violence and indiscipline?

Church haffe eat a food like everybody else.

Comment

So true Historian, lets see if they will be a force against corruptions, crimes and regulating Jamaicans to poordom...

Comment

Working...
                    X