RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racism in America…. Caribbean Nationals just don’t get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful of what? I put up facts and you counter with your opinion. You speak of things you do not know. What are you talking about on successful groups? When did these groups become successful?

A bit of history: After the civil war and the ending of chattel slavery; the majority of the USA was illiterate (whites and black). The Industrial revolution moved most whites around the city area into the middle class. Jim Crow on the other hand hindered blacks. Voting in America was and is important (to this day). Blacks were denied the right to vote via various schemes (grandfather clause) Blacks could not attend universities at will; this also extend to other minority groups. The Civil rights bill of 1964 addressed this issue. The voting rights act of 1965 finally allowed blacks and minorities to vote devoid of prejudice. Now given the above FACTS; it's up to you to explain how groups other than whites would succeed.

Another thing that you do is to rant that Garvey came to the states to give light to black Americans who were in darkness. I corrected you long ago that Garvey was not the first on Pan Africanism. Let me now tell you that BT Washington had heavy influence on Garvey. Garvey took sides with BT against Dubois due to this influence. Dubois had a point but it was not relevant at the time. What Dubois was saying (and this came principally from Aristotle)is that if you have to go to school because of someone or some entity (economy quickly comes to mindl) you are still a slave. Trust me this stands even today. BT said blacks have to delay Dubois perspective in order to build an economy for blacks else all is naught.

Dubois argument is akin to yours on football. You have a lot of talk but no money or means to generate the money to implement the talk.

I'm done, I have no more time to waste.

Comment

Be careful of what? I put up facts and you counter with your opinion. You speak of things you do not know. What are you talking about on successful groups? When did these groups become successful?
      You have a few facts but's unfortunately that's not sufficient. Your argument is what's called a logical fallacy.. i.e. Because one factual event follows another you believe there's a causal relationship between the two.

The typical error of superficial reasoning

A bit of history: After the civil war and the ending of chattel slavery; the majority of the USA was illiterate (whites and black). The Industrial revolution moved most whites around the city area into the middle class. Jim Crow on the other hand hindered blacks. Voting in America was and is important (to this day). Blacks were denied the right to vote via various schemes (grandfather clause) Blacks could not attend universities at will; this also extend to other minority groups. The Civil rights bill of 1964 addressed this issue. The voting rights act of 1965 finally allowed blacks and minorities to vote devoid of prejudice. Now given the above FACTS; it's up to you to explain how groups other than whites would succeed.
      Sorry but this sheds no light on your thesis that Civil rights bills caused or sparked the progress of ethnic groups. Civil rights bills were a big positive... but progress doesn't stem from legislation, but from everyday choices people make with how to spend their time & money

One look at the parlous state of Black America as compared with Indian-Americans for example, proves that point

Another thing that you do is to rant that Garvey came to the states to give light to black Americans who were in darkness. I corrected you long ago that Garvey was not the first on Pan Africanism. Let me now tell you that BT Washington had heavy influence on Garvey. Garvey took sides with BT against Dubois due to this influence. Dubois had a point but it was not relevant at the time. What Dubois was saying (and this came principally from Aristotle)is that if you have to go to school because of someone or some entity (economy quickly comes to mindl) you are still a slave. Trust me this stands even today. BT said blacks have to delay Dubois perspective in order to build an economy for blacks else all is naught.
      I didn't say that Garvey came to the US to give light to Black Americans ....this is a fiction of your own making

I stated that Garvey's Black Nationalist platform in the 1920s was a clear alternative choice to the NAACP's integration model..... and that integration was chosen.

If you wish to try to counter that please do so.... but not with your fictions or misunderstandings

Dubois argument is akin to yours on football. You have a lot of talk but no money or means to generate the money to implement the talk.
      Yuh ah carry belly fi mi from football to ova yah???

Woooiiiieee mi belly!!!!
      I'm done, I have no more time to waste.
      Your arguments having been completely trashed...Thanks in advance for not prolonging the rout by responding further
      Last edited by Don1; July 2, 2014, 01:34 PM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Oh so now we are down to reading comprehension. Do you understand the effects on your community when you are not allowed to vote (in the USA)?

Again no facts, just your mumbo jumbo.

You know what? you are right you are the better negro

Comment

True because some blacks had wealth before (not a lot) and after slavery in the US. Respek.

Comment

It is your lack of reading comprehension that leads you to muddled thinking... and logical fallacy

Don't underestimate reading comprehension... it will help you arrange your facts better

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

its overrated anyway.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                its overrated anyway.
                I suppose they're some people it cannot assist

Comment

das di point...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X