Thousands rally against tossing out buggery act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands rally against tossing out buggery act

Thousands rally against tossing out buggery act; shout out for clean, righteous living
    Stand up for families, fight against greed, selfishness, speakers urge

BY JAVENE SKYERS Observer writer skyersj@jamaicaobserver.com

Monday, June 30, 2014 5 Comments

A section of the large crowd which gathered in Half-Way-Tree for the mass rally yesterday. See report on Page 4. (PHOTO: MICHAEL GORDON)

POLICE last night estimated that around 25,000 Jamaicans turned out in their black, green and gold to support the Jamaica CAUSE (Churches Action Uniting Society for Emancipation) mass rally in Half-Way-Tree, St Andrew.

The rally called on Jamaicans to stand up for strong and healthy families, righteousness and justice as well as to resist the homosexual agenda and the repealing of the buggery act.

"I think this initiative is very good because it is important that we have a voice, because a lot of different things have been happening in Jamaica and we have to stand up," said Camille Morrison, while adding that it not just goes against God's will but against humanity, and in terms of homosexuality, biologically "di ting don't mek sense and as such it should not be imposed upon people as if it is something right
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...genda_17050490
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Good to see something is able to bring us together, solidarity across party lines.

Let's see if we can borrow this unity and apply it to other issues that could really make a difference in our lives.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lose offa unnuh ,instead of hugging up ganja men , unnuh run guh hug up b.man,any b.man every get lock up fi im antics , how much a dem dead over dem antics by the state ...........unnuh coulda get more credibility if unnuh did jump pan di ganja wagon and pursue unnuh agenda...nooo di pickney dem bottom unnuh a look......Glad Gomes get outted as the arrogant person she is.....no different from her better half....tink dem smarter than everyone in the room.
      Last edited by Sir X; June 30, 2014, 08:05 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What a thing! It takes hatred for these people to come together?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Hatred why not love of beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Hatred why not love of beliefs.
            Why is it we think we must dictate to others how they should live THEIR lives?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

We should not, but that argument swings both ways...

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                hmmm... fiya bun switch hitta
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  I do agree with that 100% Willi.

Comment

LOL...suh when dem a dictate to pickney ?....thats called abuse.Again I ask has a homosexual every been given that 10 years post independence, has that hate every been so venomous that they have been incarcerated or murdered by the state ?

Cant say the same about ganja men can you ?...I heard a rumour that Gomes said , ganja rights isnt on the JFJ agenda !

Says alot.

Comment

LOL...suh when dem a dictate to pickney ?....thats called abuse.Again I ask has a homosexual every been given that 10 years post independence, has that hate every been so venomous that they have been incarcerated or murdered by the state ?

Cant say the same about ganja men can you ?...I heard a rumour that Gomes said , ganja rights isnt on the JFJ agenda !

Says alot.
                      So what's your agenda X? Because there is an issue you're passionate about you're going to promote it by preaching hate against others? I don't smoke ganga and I don't condone it. I don't have tattoos and I don't condone it but I don't go around preaching against those that make it THEIR choice.

The same way I have a problem with religious fanatics putting people to death because they choose a different religion, I have a problem with the hypocrites/ religious fanatics who is preaching hatred against others in society. The same bible these clowns are quoting also said "Judge not, lest ye be judged!" But of course to promote hatred they side step that quote.

Why don't you continue promoting your ganja agenda and allow others to live THEIR lives how they see fit? So what if ganga rights isn't on the JFJ agenda?

Comment

Come better , yuh see me a preach hate, i preach practicality and truth.The hyper crytes are those that lie to push an agenda.

One thing about the bible , it nuh promote dat agenda, as hypocritical as it is , it makes a point about rejecting that.

B.Man ting cannot be legal in Jamaica because it is a health hazard, that we cannot economically afford.That should be the basis for its illegality nothing else.The arguement about adults partaking in it behind closed doors, is their business but when it has possibility of tearing down moral values where children are forced to believe an agenda,under the guise of free- dom and humanrights, we have an issue.

Agenda get lick, unnuh over play unnuh hand.Now deal with the push back.

Comment

Come better , yuh see me a preach hate, i preach practicality and truth.The hyper crytes are those that lie to push an agenda.

One thing about the bible , it nuh promote dat agenda, as hypocritical as it is , it makes a point about rejecting that.

B.Man ting cannot be legal in Jamaica because it is a health hazard, that we cannot economically afford.That should be the basis for its illegality nothing else.The arguement about adults partaking in it behind closed doors, is their business but when it has possibility of tearing down moral values where children are forced to believe an agenda,under the guise of free- dom and humanrights, we have an issue.

Agenda get lick, unnuh over play unnuh hand.Now deal with the push back.
                          Call it what unuh want .... still comes down to hate. I recall when Shabba's "Dem Bow!" was a hit...back then the ting was "Bow Cat fi ded" I was at a session when some commotion started. A man and his girl got attacked because she was a "bow cat!" I guess like you the mob back acted out of 'practicality and truth.'

Well it turned out the woman wanted to pee and since no restroom was at the venue, they went into a dark corner of the lawn, he stood in front of her to give her some privacy to relieve herself but some idiot either drunk or high thinking he was preaching practicality and truth raised an alarm about something he didn't see and the couple was attacked.

The hotel entertainment manager that was killed a few months ago, was someone preaching practicality and truth that led to his murder?

"when it has possibility of tearing down moral values "

LOL we a talk bout Jamaica ... right? Tearing down moral values? You've got to be high or something.

Anyway, carry on with the preaching.

Comment

Look we need to preach tolerance and respect ,the agenda trying to brain wash children minds on their perception of sex education,needs to be checked, you cant draw the card of hate ! The agenda erred , erred badly.

How many of them ever served that 10 year Jail sentence, how many of those murders were man kill man MKM(MSM) murders ?

We are a homophobic society, I am not ashamed of that , we should be like we are a tiefaphobic,liadaphobic and hypercryteaphobic society.

Your excuse of hatred , gives you no right to abuse kids.

Comment

the swinging both ways thing is a WHOLE other issue!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X