X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Womack is Dead

Singer Bobby Womack is dead
    Saturday, June 28, 2014

BOBBY Womack, a colourful and highly influential R&B singer-songwriter who impacted artistes from the Rolling Stones to Damon Albarn, has died. He was 70.

Womack's publicist Sonya Kolowrat said the singer died yesterday but had no other details to provide.

Womack was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease two years ago and dealt with a number of health issues, including prostate cancer.

(Continue reading at
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-dead_17044086 )

Re: Bobby Womack

As I had posted about a year or so ago, Bobby Womack was a guitarist Sam Cooke’s band before branching out on his own as a solo singer. He was also a noted songwriter.

I like much of Womack’s work, with my favorite being “Harry Hippy”. He also wrote the famous guitar instrumental “Breezin’ ”, collaborating with the famous Hungarian guitarist Gabor Szabo in composing this masterpiece.

RIP Bobby Womack.

Comment

"If you think you're lonely now, wait until tonight girl" and "Across 110 Street" were my favorites. RIP Bobby.

Comment

There are now conflicting reports about his death

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Across 110th street is a haunting, unforgettable song that literally brings the vibe of that place and time straight to your brain just by really listening to Womack bringing it on that tune.

Comment

I remember watching a documentary where he said as a young man he was ****ed when the young Rolling Stones wanted to sing one of his songs. Said why they don't write their own song, lol.

Sam Cook said " You crazy? Those white boys are going to make you more money than you can imagine" Interestingly enough he and Sam Cooks widow got married after Sam passed.

My favorite Womack is probably Love Has Finally Come At Last with Patti Labelle.
            Last edited by Islandman; June 28, 2014, 10:31 AM.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Breezin' is one of my favorite instrumentals of all time! Didn't know he composed it.

WOW!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My fav: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbZ_k1Z8gU

Comment

Working...
                X