Most Jamaicans Entrepreneurs are hustlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Jamaicans Entrepreneurs are hustlers

MOST Jamaican entrepreneurs hustle without a growth strategy, showed a recent academic study.

Also, total entrepreneurial activity (TEA) in the country last year dipped by over one-third the level recorded five years earlier, when there was a recession, according to the latest Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) report.

"The results show that Jamaican entrepreneurs exhibit limited business growth aspirations," said the report. "Established business entrepreneurs expected limited job growth in the next five years in comparison to the early-stage entrepreneurs who expected to hire more employees.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...eport_17025019
    Last edited by Karl; June 27, 2014, 07:00 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Maybe I read the article too fast. It would helpful if the population sample (n) was stated.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Don't know the sample but as you know, small business is the engine of growth and when small businesses are afraid to take a chance you know growth is limited.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X