No announcement yet.

Now this is some serious progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is true, it has never been easy but the figures are there and you can't deny the last 2-3 in the 80 were good growth figures. What we need to know is why can't we get better figures? Are we subjected to talk about the hard times? and the past been better?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      that is true, it has never been easy but the figures are there and you can't deny the last 2-3 in the 80 were good growth figures. What we need to know is why can't we get better figures? Are we subjected to talk about the hard times? and the past been better?
      Have you really 'dug down' in those figures?
      Ever heard the phrase - "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

the numbers were for real, there were growth in most industries. Tell me the lies in the Stats. Tell me the lies in those stats from 86-89.

Not even lie the stats can lie now.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the numbers were for real, there were growth in most industries. Tell me the lies in the Stats. Tell me the lies in those stats from 86-89.

Not even lie the stats can lie now.
          Why then the sq. miles of shacks grew and grew?
          Why then migration increased?
          Why were there not more 'private prep schools' so 100% of poor people kids could compete on equal terms with kids of the haves on secondary school places?

...why then had so many of us lost our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. removed relatives...they that could not 'keep up' - (This is an interesting one on a number of fronts...but ever wondered where your 'great-great-gran' off-springs, off-springs, off-springs are? Hell...ever wondered who they are?).

Aside: I am just about dead sure our criminal 'bredren' often commit crimes against...abuse...murder...their own.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, Jamaica is not growing now and those people still getting richer. When Agriculture is growing more small people get job, same thing when tourism and bauxite is growing. Free zone was employing people, manufacturers were manufacturing.so what was not real about the growth?

You have more private schools now and the economy is worst so don't use that as any marker.

Yes investors will make money but that is normal, just like China and Rusia. Growth over 3 years not going to take the country out of poverty but over a decade or two and you will see the results.

Comment

Seaga's regime benefited from billions in transfers from his head Vampiya Reagan which reflated the economy in the 1980s....
              All this blood money was repayment for Seaga's collusion with the CIA i.e. US Govt in destabilizing the country in the 1970s. This is all documented by investigative journalists and historians

Full time you superficial observers learn history an tap worship Vampiya

Wi nuh praise Vampiya... wi bun dem
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Karl, Jamaica is not growing now and those people still getting richer. When Agriculture is growing more small people get job, same thing when tourism and bauxite is growing. Free zone was employing people, manufacturers were manufacturing.so what was not real about the growth?

You have more private schools now and the economy is worst so don't use that as any marker.

Yes investors will make money but that is normal, just like China and Rusia. Growth over 3 years not going to take the country out of poverty but over a decade or two and you will see the results.
                You miss the point - prosperity leads to growth! I pointed out a miniscule number of areas that had negative growth. They were thousands on thousands of other areas growing negatively while those numbers you reference were being trumpeted.

During those self-same years that are being trumpeted as growth years the country on balance continued its downward slide towards the abyss in which it finds itself today. ...and yes, as present continuous process, the slide still continues while many concern themselves with *arguments shaped distract to from the real issues.

*Such as stats that do not tell the true...complete picture. Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics!!!!

Sass: There are times when "the facts" are presented that we must ask other questions and probe for answers to arrive at the truth. I know the Seaga boom years were a figment of imagination. I lived those years...I shall not disbelieve my eyes.

Comment

Name the areas that were not growing. thanks in advance. You just talking because you feel like talking. Please show me some figure to support your argument.

Comment

The fact is for 3 years there was very good growth in the economy, regardless of how you want to put it. The government of the 90s had the same opportunity, look at the amount of money they borrowed and look at the economy then. Why couldn't they get the same results or better???

Comment

ah 2 diffrant ting wen one man get money fi im dirty werks an one nex man affi borrow an pay back dat rath

plus PJ ah eediat anyway... wedda money borrow ar gi whe

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

It nuh matter, you get money, you use it fi good. The biggest difference is in the results.

Comment

Eventide Home blood money good?? slashing education to the bone good?? destroying local govt. good?? nuh get mi started pon dat Vampiya..

wi nuh praise Vampiya...wi bun dem

Comment

I am simple talking about economics. It is not normal for us to like every politician and all they do, what I am saying is there was impressive economy growth. You can discuss the rest later.

Comment

yuh cyan gwaan feel impressed... yuh free

but memba seh wi nuh praise Vampiya... wi bun dem out
                              Last edited by Don1; June 27, 2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X