No announcement yet.

Now this is some serious progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one party will incorporate both existing parties,the insatiable appetite for power in our ticians that were ordained to lead (a birth right) will be met.
    It removes the ills resulting from the divide.
    Both partie have a sense of entitlement,they are bent on making their own mistakes and more importantly refuse to learn learn from each other mistakes.
    From tge devide,we have a proliferation of illegal guns,gangs etc.
    I rather if the JLP and PNP are both forced to sit out elections for the next 40 years but your unrelenting preference for choice isn't readily seen if we are to factor third party...
    So merged the two ordained patries.

Comment

Post-colonial African countries tried one-party rule in a divided state for a long time. The results are there for all to see. Thanks but no thanks.

We have suffered from poor leadership at all levels. Poor leadership will bring out the worst in any system or organization.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"This one party will incorporate both existing parties,the insatiable appetite for power in our ticians that were ordained to lead (a birth right) will be met.
        It removes the ills resulting from the divide."

So if both party merge and representing the people they way they do now, you don't think there will be any interest group, or the military that will be willing to step in and take over. Election losses are people been disenchanted with the current leadership and if they can't express themselves that way they will find other way to remove corrupted government or officals.

One party, one interest is a dream and nothing else. If JLP and PNP sit there will be other groups that will step up and fill the void. It is not just the party by themselves, it is the people, the representation and bad policies that is at the root of the problem.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Two party system is all we can really address,as it pertains to Jamaica everything else is a hunch.
          Our solution can't be doing nothing different.

Comment

Well, how about we view politics not just at the PNP/JLP macro level but as a community level thing.

If a community needs water for irrigation or a road fixed to get produce delivered in an efficient way, that calls for politics too, and more importantly , leadership.

We need to do something different for sure, but the silver bullet thing not going to do it.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

We already have one party,there isn't much that differentiate one party from the other,maybe airline tickets but other thsn that...
              The revolution would come from a third party that has no followings.Empowering third party is desirable.

Comment

What you don't realize is, there maybe not be much difference but it provides the opportunity for people to step up with new policies and highlight the corrupted practice of the other. If we are not doing a good job it is on us not the system.

WE NEED LEADERS and community development where people educate themselves about policies and economics. Not a few PNP or JLP making the decisions on a Micro and Macro level.
                Last edited by Assasin; June 27, 2014, 12:16 PM.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good argument,my question to you is wouldn't that check and balance be available in the merging of both parties?

Comment

How would it be available??? You tell me. The current mode is not to squeal on your government, or oppose their policies. It would be easier to pay off party interest, and cover corruption. What would be the motive to highlight corruption?

Comment

Why would anyone be proud?

Pre-1838 - 99.9999999999999+% of us were slaves and thus were paupers and worse than paupers.

1944 - 99.9999999999999+% were paupers

1962 - 99.9999999999999+% were paupers

2014 - at least 75% of us are paupers but bask in ignorance of not knowing we are paupers!!!!

What is there to be proud of?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                        Rockman, no matter how much we spin it, the reality is that Jamaica got itself into our present predicament through decades of silly and irresponsible governance.

You would be shocked, I can assure you, if you saw the figures for the numbers of businesses that closed shop and left Jamaica during the decade of the 1990s!!! Yes, we can blame the IMF, but what caused us to have to go begging to the IMF in the first place? And what caused us to have to return a second time?!

...and what are the figures on businesses that were created in the same period?

btw - Any facts on life-cycles of businesses? ...specifically Jamaica businesses?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not a lot, if there are others with comparable history who were also 99.999999999% in 1962 and are now pushing towards the 50% mark (or whatever the figures are).

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            Not a lot, if there are others with comparable history who were also 99.999999999% in 1962 and are now pushing towards the 50% mark (or whatever the figures are).
                            Got you.
                            I have always wondered where the JLPers get those figures on those Seaga administered years where as they recall it the country was doing great?

Their claims have always brought to my mind the first year I entered Mico Teachers College and found so many - (It may be a small percentage of the college population but it was a shock hearing so many persons) - expressing the thought of *'abandoning' those who gave them the opportunity to attend the college and had opened a gate to financial stability and upwards social mobility.

I can well understand how such an abandonment of their past has led to delusions of/on 'those great Seaga years' and throwing of facts on that era into their dust-bins.

There is a need to take a look - (...for the first time at last?) - at the actual private sector and public sector employment figures and trends; the interdependence of each on the other; the types of jobs available; the areas in which there is job contraction and those in which there is job growth...minds need to focused on net creation of jobs as there is thought on "the how" to ensure such growth.

*Some where even ashamed to introduce their parents...or even acknowledge parents and relatives as having any connection to them.

Even in my Shady Pines years I cannot get over shock.

---

Just look at the figures on kids entering and leaving our schools? ...and the numbers on **'pass rates' in the various subjects?

** Our 'pass rates' percentages point to failing rate of the education system.

----

In the context of our size, population growth rates...attrition from the work-place...what areas must we look to for growth on job creation to satisfy our needs? ...what infrastructure improvements do we need to provide that shall assist in such "growth in job creation"? ...which external partners do we need to woo and external forces do we need to have on our sides?

How do we mobilize and motivate the citizens - at home and outside of the island - (Yup! The "UB40s" if that "UB40s" represents not just our sons and daughters in the UK...but all across the globe) - to join in that move to greatest of jobs creation?
                            Last edited by Karl; June 27, 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I had an old relative back in Sav-la-mar who used to tell me....

"Son, there has never been an easy time in this country. Never"

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                                I had an old relative back in Sav-la-mar who used to tell me....

"Son, there has never been an easy time in this country. Never"
                                I am sure you believe(d) her!
                                Right on!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X