X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is some serious progress!

Many here should be proud.

#‎ForExTrading‬ USD: $112.03; CAD: $104.89; GBP: $190.50
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Would you say the rate of devaluation has been more pronounced over a period of the last few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      Would you say the rate of devaluation has been more pronounced over a period of the last few weeks?
      No, I think we can call it steady progress.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well the IMF suggested the Ja dollar should be $115 to US$1,achieving that IS progress,and there is nothing sarcastic.....
        Lazie,I did not check the records,but I am pretty sure it took longer to get from $101 to $107 than from $107 to $112,and the latter.... coincided with the IMF making the suggestion.
        The hidden(real) Govt will show its face today.
        Last edited by Rockman; June 27, 2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Re: The Hidden Govt

Well the IMF suggested the Ja dollar should be $115 to US$1,achieving that IS progress,and there is nothing sarcastic.....
          Lazie,I did not check the records,but I am pretty sure it took longer to get from $101 to $107 than from $107 to $112,and the latter.... coincided with the IMF making the suggestion.
          Rockman, no matter how much we spin it, the reality is that Jamaica got itself into our present predicament through decades of silly and irresponsible governance.

You would be shocked, I can assure you, if you saw the figures for the numbers of businesses that closed shop and left Jamaica during the decade of the 1990s!!! Yes, we can blame the IMF, but what caused us to have to go begging to the IMF in the first place? And what caused us to have to return a second time?!

Comment

Rockman, as a youngster did you actually believe the Anancy stories you used to hear? "achieving that IS progress" LOL!!!!

Comment

Give the man credit. You think it easy fe haffe defend almshouse day after day?

It takes a very creative mind bredren.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Consider this analogy,community policing is favoured because of commitment,obligation and accountability.
                The JRF arbitrarily implemented it heavy hand policie,PAY this or else...
                You speak of a small sect that is not ready for weed to be legalised....in opposing legalization,are we Jamaicans ready for two party system given our history with the two party system?
                With each new IMF agreements,new stipulations are attached,cutting ties with the IMF is cutting ties with new stipulations,the old ones are already etched in our policies.
                They left but not their policies.

Comment

As a child I had a renown appreciation of literature,there are many bro Anancies in this word,you are aski.g me if I believe my eyes?

Comment

There you go again boss,we must never reward the rapist.
                    The hollier than thou amongst us will always be selective in pointing their smelly fingers,if Manley was bad why reverting to his principles is indicated in the policy approach of both parties?
                    Do you even think about what caused the rift between the US and Seaga?
                    He eventually chose Jamaica!!!!!!

Comment

What is JRF? FINSAC company??? That was not even supported by the IMF.

What are we ready for? One Party system?

Did you see Peter Phillips go to China to try to get them to buy our bonds and China said "no dice" and the US pretty much said the same.

Now tell me what happen to the PNP committee that was setup to have alternative IMF policies??? Where have they policies led us?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There are parallels with the policy of introducing the JRF into the equation and the policy of the IMF demanding access...
                        Before the two party system,was life better,were we more united then?
                        Does history attest to Jamaica really progressing with the two party system?
                        If you are brainwashed to hate the solution(Manley) then we are doomed.

Comment

There are parallel when you fail to govern effectively.
                          Look at the history of one party states and we can say no more. Look at Haiti and Cuba' economy next door and most of who trying it, are abandoning it.

I don't know what you mean "If you are brainwashed to hate the solution(Manley)". I don't look at anyone's answer, instead I look at the bad and the good from each era and learn from it.

Give me a list of 10 progressive one party state and don't tell me crap bout "Babylon" or "Capitalist".

Jamaica would be worst as a 1 party state, it maybe better with multiply parties and different interest groups working as a team, but even back in the 70s you has split in the PNP and JLP and other groups like the WPJ that were/were not a part of PNP left.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Two party system working elsewhere is good for elsewhere,in actuality it gas proven to be the disaster for Janaica.The most infamous period in Jamaica was late 70's to early 80's.It established a devide,but hey we can always jump on a young rasta politician for publicly voicing....
                            Haiti path took detour when its elected leader was overthrown with tge blessing of the beacon holders of democracy.I would say crime,corruption and the drug trade are what Jakans are most concerned about,are the beacons of democracy better poised in that regard than Cuba?
                            How many third world countries determine the pace regarding sprint in T&F?
                            We chart our path,again two party system has been successful elsewhere but....

Comment

If is successful elsewhere and not in Jamaica, you don't think we should look in ourselves??? If you look into Jamaica you will see that a one party will never be successful, will lead to rebellion and overthrows, even worst than what you saw in the 70s and with our history with Paul Bogle, Nanny and Sam Sharpe. Simply too many vested group, what can help us is good and smart leadership who can make good decisions that will make a difference and buy in from interest groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X