RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While We Argue & Play Politics in Jamaica....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While We Argue & Play Politics in Jamaica....

This is no doubt minor news, but it demonstrates China’s intention to continue its expansion in the region, one way or another. And while we continue to dabble in the minor in Jamaica, there is no shortage of regional countries ready to step in and benefit from Jamaica’s indecision.

Source: The Jamaica Observer

China Harbour commences Bahamian port project
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014

China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) Americas broke ground on a US$39-million port in North Abaco, The Bahamas, last Friday.

The project, which includes the development of a 3,500 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) on 45 acres of land on the small island of little more than 3,700 inhabitants, is expected to generate as many as 80 local jobs.

(Continue reading at http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...oject_17001377 )

The Atlantis Resort

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]And while we continue to dabble in the minor in Jamaica, there is no shortage of regional countries ready to step in and benefit from Jamaica’s indecision.
    By the way, every hear the rumor that Jamaica was the first choice of South African billionaire investor Sol Kerzner when he decided to build his Atlantis mega resort in our region? Well, Jamaica was apparently not particularly interested, and the rest is history!

Comment

Historian on a related topic, Anthony Bourdain is in Jamaica again doing an episode for his CNN "Parts Unknown"series.

What a job he has!

I hope he gets a better tour this time, I love his program but was disappointed with the one he did in Jamaica for the "No Reservations" series

"‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

80 local jobs? The patty shop Tastee employs more than that. This is exactly why we need transparency with this China deal.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

But the Goat Is development is NOT a part of the Logistics hub...

Comment

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Historian on a related topic, Anthony Bourdain is in Jamaica again doing an episode for his CNN "Parts Unknown"series.

What a job he has!

I hope he gets a better tour this time, I love his program but was disappointed with the one he did in Jamaica for the "No Reservations" series.
            I like Anthony Bourdain’s travel programs as well, both when he was on the Travel Channel and now with CNN.

In a post I made a couple of years ago I expressed my disappointment with the “No Reservations” episode that he did in Jamaica, but all I can recall from that post is Assasin’s anger at me for criticizing. But I agree with you, I’man, on how you felt about that Jamaican episode. From what I can recall, when Bourdain was not spending time sitting on the floor with Mutabaruka and eating vegetables, he was walking through bushes into bat-infested caves.

I pray that his Jamaican episode of “Parts Unknown” is much better than his previous sojourn. One thing I am certain of, and it is that he will be drinking quite a good amount of Appleton and J Wray & Nephew rum! Bourdain seems to be drinking a lot in recent years (lol)!

I much preferred Andrew Zimmern’s “Bizarre Food” series, with specific reference here to the episode he did in Jamaica.

Comment

Agree, But....

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              80 local jobs? The patty shop Tastee employs more than that. This is exactly why we need transparency with this China deal.
              Look at the population size of that tiny island. It is no where comparable to that of Kingston and St. Andrew.

Comment

I did not like the first episode, and Zimmer gets to the meat of things.

Comment

Love Your Wordplay!!

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                  I did not like the first episode, and Zimmer gets to the meat of things.
                  TDowl, this is an effective use of pun, boss (lol)! I love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X