X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driva tells Fish to go jump in the Lake

Yield no ground to gays
    Published: Sunday | June 22, 2014

Ivan Cruickshank, programme manager of Caribbean Vulnerable Communities (CVC) Coalition, addresses a press briefing in Kingston last Thursday. Listening are CVC Coalition Executive Director Carolyn Gomes (centre) and June Carr. The coalition has come under fire for fronting for the gay lobby, but its officials have labelled that characterisation as false.-Jermaine Barnaby/Photographer

Marriage newest target in quickening march towards 'normalisation'

Bruce Golding, GUEST COLUMNIST

Homosexuality has been a reality for centuries. The Book of Leviticus, which makes reference to it, was written circa 1400 BC. When I was growing up, it was looked upon with scorn and those found indulging in it became outcasts.

Much has changed since that time. The gay lifestyle has gained acceptability and even respectability in many parts of the world. Jamaica itself has become much less intolerant than we are so frequently accused of being.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Not sure if the title of the piece is his or the Gleaners, but it sounds to me like he himself has yielded ground. This has a much different tone than "Not in my Cabinet". Sounds almost desperate, crying for no surrender.

Once a politician always a politician.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

One word fi dem fiyah!!

Comment

s/b "yield some ground..."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          s/b "yield some ground..."
          Come clean?
          It means do not yield (FULL ground).
          I agree FULL 100%! Label myself as being not intolerant but there must be boundaries.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yield NO ground means do not yield FULL ground? In what language?

Come now, the title does not match the content of the article. As to whether that was deliberate or just good old incompetence I cannot say.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Yield NO ground means do not yield FULL ground? In what language?

Come now, the title does not match the content of the article. As to whether that was deliberate or just good old incompetence I cannot say.
              Funnily, I was not thinking on the article but wondering on Gamma's stance.
              Do not blame you for the misunderstanding...my fault as I was not clear.

Communicating?
              This is a minor misunderstanding...to both of us no big deal! ...but imagine how the major could play???? ...and no doubt has played out on this board?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The same Book speak about murderers thieves and criminals etc. They too should be looked upon with scorn...and those found indulging in [it] should become outcast.

That's the biggest problem I have with people who quote the scriptures to support their claim.

BTW: I hope this is NOT the same Bruce Golding who was 'defrocked' because of his association with crime-mongers:
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Does that include thieves and criminals wearing white shirts? hope so. But, it seems they are immune to convictions or sanctions.
                  Peter R

Comment

White shirts with expensive silk ties wearing dark blue suits.....

Indeed!!
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                    X