X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston in top 10 Highest Murder Rate

Kingston in the top 10,

top 10 world cities with the highest murder rates – in pictures

Data from the UN Office on Drugs and Crime shows the most up-to-date available homicide rates per 100,000 people for the most populous cities of 137 countries. The Americas overtook Africa as the region with the highest murder rate in 2012 – with eight of the world’s 10 deadliest cities found there

10: Kingston, Jamaica. (Murder rate: 50.3 per 100,000 people in 2011)
    The UNODC numbers capture intentional homicide, defined as 'unlawful death purposefully inflicted on a person by another person'. A total of 328 people were murdered in Kingston in 2011 – significantly down on previous years. Photograph: David Levene for the Guardian

read more
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Lol Is All I Can Do!!

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
    Kingston in the top 10,

Kingston, Jamaica[/B]. (Murder rate: 50.3 per 100,000 people in 2011)
    The UNODC numbers capture intentional homicide, defined as 'unlawful death purposefully inflicted on a person by another person'. A total of 328 people were murdered in Kingston in 2011 – significantly down on previous years.
    Horts, this is not new or surprising news. I remember pointing stuff like this out back in the day when I used to argue that tourists do not need to be at Passa Passa. Not surprisingly, there were several people on this forum who came back with opposing arguments, citing, for example, tourist-playground Mexico’s comparable homicide levels.

It’s also similar to how I was opposed on this forum years ago when I argued strongly against the “informa fe dead” philosophy being promoted by dancehall artists, and the rebuttals I got! (Even persons/sections of the Jamaican media shared this “informa fe dead” stance!) Now, I sit back and smile to myself as I see the numerous appeals for people to provide information to the authorities!

We are truly Third World in the worst sense of the phrase, and this backwardness is not new, although it actually gathered momentum in the 1970s.

Now, back to my FIFA World Cup Soccer game, where Colombia is destroying Japan! World Cup is exciting!!!

Comment

Working...
    X