Honest man lied to get sex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest man lied to get sex!

Hmm He told her that he was single prior to having sex then she found out after the sex that he was not single.

Retired Superintendent of Police Ionie Ramsey, who gave character evidence on Patterson's behalf, told the court that she knew Patterson since 2004 and that she has a "great deal of respect for him" and that he is "a honest person".

Maybe he is good person, may be he is a very good person, but honest?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...rape-_16928715
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Lol. Very Good Point, Time!

Good observation, Time!

Talk about a paradoxical situation! The way we sometimes use words simply end up making us sound nothing less than absurd, and this statement by the retired superintendent is a case in point.

So much for our “good education” (although I have no idea which school she attended, or if she attended any in the first place).

Originally posted by Time View Post
    Hmm He told her that he was single prior to having sex then she found out after the sex that he was not single.

Retired Superintendent of Police Ionie Ramsey, who gave character evidence on Patterson's behalf, told the court that she knew Patterson since 2004 and that she has a "great deal of respect for him" and that he is "a honest person".

Maybe he is good person, may be he is a very good person, but honest?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...rape-_16928715

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Good observation, Time!

Talk about a paradoxical situation! The way we sometimes use words simply end up making us sound nothing less than absurd, and this statement by the retired superintendent is a case in point.

So much for our “good education” (although I have no idea which school she attended, or if she attended any in the first place).

Good one...
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fair enough, however does that mean he is a rapist? Rape is a serious crime.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You Are Right

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          Fair enough, however does that mean he is a rapist? Rape is a serious crime.
          Nope, it certainly does not mean that he is a rapist; in fact, he probably is not! And yes, rape is indeed a very serious crime, and should be treated as such!

My comment was made, of course, solely in support of Time’s focus on the ludicrousness of the cop being described as “honest” in the context of him lying to the woman about his marital status. That’s why I alluded to a paradox in my post above.

Comment

Working...
          X