Whats the fuss about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    That's ridiculous, assasin! Because someone defends another that means that...yuh know what, mek mi low it. I refuse to be sucked into this cesspool!
    hehehe ... I wonder if it would be cesspool if it was about anyone that wear green? Creatures of the nite.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

But nuh few months ago, I was watching CIN (news out of Jam) and they were commenting on a book banned by the University of the West Indies. Mi figet the name of the book now.

Yes this was done in as late as 2006!! So figure it out!!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Try as you may, yuh can't lump me into your tribalism.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Heh, Heh.. Man jump on Jawge 'Cesspool King' ship and dem complain when certain trash pop up..

Mi did warn yuh about going down dat road..

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
            But nuh few months ago, I was watching CIN (news out of Jam) and they were commenting on a book banned by the University of the West Indies. Mi figet the name of the book now.

Yes this was done in as late as 2006!! So figure it out!!
            Mdmex, round here its only if it happen under a JLP gov't it is controversial. Now yuh know why this is Garrison 13?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Try as you may, yuh can't lump me into your tribalism.
              Yuh right ... I can't. You did that all by yuhself!

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                Heh, Heh.. Man jump on Jawge 'Cesspool King' ship and dem complain when certain trash pop up..

Mi did warn yuh about going down dat road..
                As the song say,

"Its too late to turn back now!"

Comment

Sounds clever. Happy?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I rearly do but to blame Shearer for our lack of Education because him ban books in the 1960s and early seventies really deserve to show that our leaders made miscalcutions and none were Angels.

We really need to get back to the discussion and issues of today.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't believe anyone is saying that Shearer is responsible for our poor education. I might have said it in jest and if the humour evaded anyone, then maybe we really need to fix education. I'm sure Lee Kuan Yew banned some books.

But Shearer had no bizniz banning the books he did.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

might be true Mo and I don't want to go down but they all made some silly foolish mistakes and that is my point.

If Shearer was Prime Minister today I bet that wouldn't be on his list of things to do.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If only UWI History Campus was in Barbados or Trinidad.

Why did we get stuck with the 'theory and dogma' intellectual ghetto... dem don't help when there are serious problems to solve..

Suh it guh..

Comment

Working...
                          X