Maybe Adams Was Correct!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Adams Was Correct!

Maybe ex-SS Reneto Adams was absolutely correct in his decidedly uncomplimentary remarks about Jamaicans!

JPS reps resell seized wires for illegal connections
    POWER RIP-OFF!

BY HG HELPS Editor-at-Large helpsh@jamaicaobserver.com

Sunday, June 15, 2014

WHILE the Jamaica Public Service Company Ltd (JPS) has been scratching its head trying to find ways to reduce or eliminate electricity theft, some of its own are also ripping off the company by their illegal action.

Countless claims have been made by residents of the Western St Andrew community of Riverton City, fewer from the adjoining Seaview Gardens, Phase One, and an even lower number from Duhaney Park, also in the constituency, of unscrupulous acts by contractors and employees of the JPS.

The general cry is that whenever JPS crews disable illegal electrical connections in some communities, and confiscate wires used to conduct electricity, some of the same members of the disconnection crews return later and sell residents the wires that were taken away.

Continue Reading: The Jamaica Observer, Sunday, June 15, 2014 (http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-OFF-_16896154 )

75% of Jamaicans steal electricity?!?!

I wonder how many Bahamians do?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

None I'm sure!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I see you have a smiley face... so that cannot be a serious question....and what would its (the question) relevance be?
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          None I'm sure!
          If there are Jamaican's there then there is a possibility. Is anyone doing any checks?
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Your Reply Is Surprising!

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            75% of Jamaicans steal electricity?!?!
            Boss, I am very surprised at your response!

Adams did not say that 75 percent of Jamaicans steal “electricity”!! Also, my comments were focused on the deep levels of corruption, including criminal acts, in my country. We are talking, in the case I highlighted, of alleged dishonest/ criminal acts by the people who were hired in the first place to put a stop to dishonesty!

Comment

Working...
            X