The Most Misguided View Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Misguided View Here!

X, you have conducted a virtual one-man campaign on this forum for the legalization of marijuana in Jamaica. In the process, you succeeded in getting several normally well-thinking posters here to enthusiastically adopt your stance.

I have never hesitated in challenging you, and not for any personal reason. Rather, as I have stated plainly over and over, I have seen what the over-use of marijuana has done to previously well thinking individuals! I have very little in terms of scientific evidence, but I know what I have seen first-hand in communities in my country!

I am sure that some of your supporters here have seen similar cases, but in today’s world it is not “cool” to challenge the legalization of marijuana viewpoint.

Below is a report on the Medical Association of Jamaica’s (MAJ) stance on the government’s ill-advised decision. Note that this is not your beating-stick Mr. Gomes’ view, but rather, that of Jamaica’s highly respected medical association.

Source of report below: The Jamaica Gleaner, Saturday, June 14, 2014
    Link: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=53540

Decriminalisation Of Ganja Could Cause More Health Problems, MAJ Warns
    Published: Saturday June 14, 2014 | 8:45 am

The Medical Association of Jamaica (MAJ) says the decriminalisation of ganja for personal use will cause more mental and physical health problems for Jamaicans, especially the youth.

It says it hopes that Cabinet will reconsider its position in line with health practice and science.

Continue reading at http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=53540

MAJ...lol...quacks..looking at health and science ,backward non progressive elements that believe NIDA propoganda as gospel,ganja gives you cancer ,is addictive and drives you crazy.Where is the science to support any of it,every study is uses phrases as could and should ,not one documented case to prove any of there scientific thesis right.You think its coincidence congress has defunded the DEA.There is a civil war going on as we speak in the AMA, expect them to flip the script soon.

Addiction on par with caffiene,no documented scientific criteria
    Psychosis- for those predisposed,some argue an inhibitor (therapy)
    Cancer-none

So where do these quacks get this science from,emperical 1st hand observation....lol

What gene do Jamaicans have to bear all these quak theories true...MAJ...lol..non progressive elements thank god fi Golding ....di justice minister...mi nuh campaign mi juss give people unbiased scientific info.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I See....

Originally posted by X View Post
      MAJ...lol...quacks..looking at health and science ,backward non progressive elements that believe NIDA propoganda as gospel,ganja gives you cancer ,is addictive and drives you crazy.

So where do these quacks get this science from,emperical 1st hand observation....lol
      I see. So when the highly respected Medical Association of Jamaica does not share your views, the trained medical practitioners who make up this group suddenly become “quacks” and “backward non progressive elements”?

I get you, boss.

Comment

CC:Golding response.. FYI the AMA supported a lot of racist and antiquated agenda ,like all medical boards they change with time.Expect the MAJ to do same.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Professor Bain would like that headline... just substitute "ganja" for "SMS" ... nuh true X? In fact I wonder what his stance on this issue is...
          Peter R

Comment

My Closing Comment

CC:Golding response.. FYI the AMA supported a lot of racist and antiquated agenda ,like all medical boards they change with time.Expect the MAJ to do same.
            Okay, X, no problem, my friend. You have your views and I have mine. In the not too distant future, as things unfold in Jamaica, we will see which of us was correct.

Originally posted by The Gleaner
            It says as physicians, members of the MAJ are confronted first hand with the devastating effects of the misuse of Ganja, including addiction, psychiatric disorders, and disruption of neurological development.

Comment

Hold on.. Ganja use is illegal in Jamaica.. and will drive you mad and cause serious health issues ??!!

Summady need to inform large sections of the public !

Then again.. cigarette boxes basically tell yuh what yuh smoking will kill you !

Not sure information is the issue...

Comment

Peter apples and oranges.I will address that later.

Comment

FYI..I am of the view that MSM will be legalized in Jamaica and when that time comes I will support it to not be a criminal offence .That said given the social cost involved ,not at this juncture.

Comment

X's stance has me puzzled!

Yes, the use of the plant should be decimalized but strong 'anti-recreational use' campaign should be rolled out. ...perhaps even 'indoctrination' against recreational use. Drill it into the heads of the kids and into their psyche such that never in their lives will they use it unless prescribed by medical professional as vital therapy.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I agree with most of what you say particulary for children but adults can do as they plaese.Its called health education, like they do with alcohol and cigarettes, label it as such.Heavy regulation

Comment

why do you assume there will be an increase in marijuana use?

Comment

Did X influenced the views of the Dr Lowes of Jamaica?
                          Why do you think people on the forum that would welcome weed being legal are influenced by X?

Comment

The biggest joke on the site yet, how can I influence any Big man to make a decision, my recolection on my advocacy to free up the weed was based on hidden science to enlighten my peers at a time when opposition by a few was vitrol, weed X, ganja man, what am I smoking ,I must be a weed head etc, far from it.Not only I but emperor when he was around.I seriously believe dem run im offa di site.

I am a clinician. a jamaican clinician who have worked with peers like myself who have questioned the ganja policy in bed stuy New York where I worked for years.

For the record I have never seen no one admitted for ganja addiction, ganja psychosis, if anything I have seen patients arrested for posssesion of the herb beaten to a pulp under police guard,youths shot in drug wars for the herb.The cultural use of the herb in the black american communities , and that area in particular mimic Jamaica, bed stuy and east new york has a heavy Jamaican/West Indian presence.

What you call ganja psychosis we look at it as mental illness where ganja is nothing more than a symptom, its used to self medicate, calm nerves in some cases exacerbate it, but their is an underlying mental illness that needs to be treated, take away the herb it still exist.

Our problem as a people is escapisim, instead of dealing with the issue we hide behind voodo and obeah,we place a stygma to mental illness, so to say , my son, brother, mother or sister has a mental problem ,its easier to say ganja did it , or " I have seen what ganja can do ".I have been there and I had to face it head on with science.Escapisim isnt in my DNA.

Am I to come here and promote madness to make everyone feel good with antiquated liyad science to justify what ?

I will leave that to those with the colonial mentality.

Ganja should be legal and educational resource put into it for children, as stated the science does say that young minds and those pre disposed to mental illness are prone to affects.

I just took a practical stand at a time when it was not popular.Big deal.Criminalization isnt the way forward, now that is a big deal.
                            Last edited by Sir X; June 17, 2014, 06:16 AM.

Comment

The biggest joke on the site yet, how can I influence any Big man to make a decision, my recolection on my advocacy to free up the weed was based on hidden science to enlighten my peers at a time when opposition by a few was vitrol, weed X, ganja man, what am I smoking ,I must be a weed head etc, far from it.Not only I but emperor when he was around.I seriously believe dem run im offa di site.

I am a clinician. a jamaican clinician who have worked with peers like myself who have questioned the ganja policy in bed stuy New York where I worked for years.

For the record I have never seen no one admitted for ganja addiction, ganja psychosis, if anything I have seen patients arrested for posssesion of the herb beaten to a pulp under police guard,youths shot in drug wars for the herb.The cultural use of the herb in the black american communities , and that area in particular mimic Jamaica, bed stuy and east new york has a heavy Jamaican/West Indian presence.

What you call ganja psychosis we look at it as mental illness where ganja is nothing more than a symptom, its used to self medicate, calm nerves in some cases exacerbate it, but their is an underlying mental illness that needs to be treated, take away the herb it still exist.

Our problem as a people is escapisim, instead of dealing with the issue we hide behind voodo and obeah,we place a stygma to mental illness, so to say , my son, brother, mother or sister has a mental problem ,its easier to say ganja did it , or " I have seen what ganja can do ".I have been there and I had to face it head on with science.Escapisim isnt in my DNA.

Am I to come here and promote madness to make everyone feel good with antiquated liyad science to justify what ?

I will leave that to those with the colonial mentality.

Ganja should be legal and educational resource put into it for children, as stated the science does say that young minds and those pre disposed to mental illness are prone to affects.

I just took a practical stand at a time when it was not popular.Big deal.Criminalization isnt the way forward, now that is a big deal.
                              X... btw my WeedX quip was a joke ting suh nuh watch nuh face except dis one

Your campaign is righteous imho...

but one ting ....mi nuh believe di US$14B economic bonanza cause Babylon naw guh low dat
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X